Not too long ago Aires released a cockpit set for the British F4 in 48th scale. It's advertised everywhere as for the FGR mk1 which is a non-existant mark as far as I remember. The FG Mk1 was bought for the Royal Navy but subsequently used by the RAF after the demise of our last carrier and the FGR Mk 2 was bought for the RAF. There's more to this than mere pedantry as there were several major differences, particularly with regard to the rear cockpit.

Please don't get the idea from this that I'm in any way an F4 expert; I spent a lot of my last few years successfully avoiding F4s and their crews. <_<

I'd just like to know if anyone has seen the set yet and can say which mark it actually represents. Once I know I can go ahead and mangle another perfectly good kit into submission. :huh:

Can't comment on the Aires set, however as they are GENERALLY accurate, it's probably an FG1 rather than FGR2, ie a simple error of nomenclature on their part. However Black Box produce cockpits for both the FG1 & FGR2. Rather nice but also rather pricey. The thing to look out for is that all British Phantoms in the "XT" serial range were twins stickers IIRC. As neither of these sets is a twin sticker, just be careful which machine you build. HTH

Edited by Graham T
Black Box has an F-4J/FGR.2 set. I don't know if its still in production but you can probably find it somwhere online.

BLACK BOX that's what I meant in my post above, not Neomega.....Black Box.......yes Black Box is what I meant!