Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About FAR148

  • Rank
    Member of Team Awesome
  • Birthday 02/22/1976

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    exile on earth

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. FAR148

    Enamels v Acrylics!

    Maybe you should get a few enamel paints as well as a few acrylics and do some testing of your own? Spray or brush on a test model to see how you like the results. After all, it's your model. Steven L
  2. FAR148

    Quality of life tools?

    A flat sanding surface helps me a lot. I use a piece of 1/4in masonite with a sheet of 320 grit paper Super 77 to it. Can use 1/2 to 3/4in MDF as well. Steven L
  3. FAR148

    F-15SA unique features

    For inspiration Steven
  4. https://pilotonline.com/news/military/local/article_23811e14-a53a-11e8-a333-73aec78d8ae9.html
  5. FAR148

    2017 EAA Oshkosh

    Thanks Guys! Denzil, Check PM Oshkosh is wonderful. It's good to hear that Lope's Hope 3rd is going this year, I saw her briefly down in Houston last Oct. She too is a Beauty! Steven
  6. FAR148

    2017 EAA Oshkosh

    Hello everybody, So, I finally finished Part 3 of my Oshkosh 2017 series. Better late than Never. Check it out..https://anadventureinawesome.com/2018/04/08/eaa-airventure-oshkosh-4/ If you missed it, here's Part 1...https://anadventureinawesome.com/2017/08/12/eaa-airventure-oshkosh-2/ and Part 2...https://anadventureinawesome.com/2017/08/16/eaa-airventure-oshkosh-3/ Take Care, Steven
  7. Here's two pics of the progress of the forward swept wing set for AFV’s new F-CK-1C mocked up with some tape. Edit... Here is a quick and nasty mirror image done in photoshop Cheers! Steven L
  8. To the few What-If builders here... I would like to present, FAR Resin. Aftermarket resin goodie for your What-If projects. Far Resin offers a selection of fictional weapons and specialty pods. If you have seen any of my builds, you have probably seen some of my items. Like the ASM-4 from my JASDF F-15EJ, AGM-84L SLAM-shorty along with what I call "The Beast" from my RCAF F-4. Even from my last project, ROKAF RF-20E has a Shorty targeting pod which has one of the two pods in the set. There a few things I want to state up front. All sets are 1/48th scale. Sorry, It's the scale I work in. Parts cannot be scaled up or down due to all parts are master the old school way, by hand with plastic, putty and some blood, sweat and tears. All parts are pressure cast and are free of air bubbles. If you get a part with an air bubble (in the part and not the casting block), I’ll send you a replacement part free of charge. What does Far Resin have to offer? Currently have 5 weapon and pods set along with 1 non-surgical conversion kit. Here are my current sets. *Shorty ECM pod (ECM pod and hard point) *Shorty Targeting pods (targeting pod, navigation pod and 2 hard points) *The Beast (2 seeker heads, 1 missile body, steel pitot tube, fins and hard point) *ASM-4 (1 missile body and fins) *Shorty AGM-84L (2 missile bodies, 2 hard points, 2 steel pitot tubes,2 sets of main and tail fins) My first non-surgical conversion kit is for Academy's T-50 Golden Eagle and transform it into a F/A-50. All part is fitted to the kit. No cutting, puttying and sanding to get part to fit correctly. Kit includes new spine and vertical stabilizer, new dog tooth horizontal stabilizer, intake plugs cast in color, new wider main wheels and a set of Pylon Integrated Dispenser System(PIDS) inspired hard points plus new wing tip missile rails. A location guide for the hard points is also included. Sets difficulty level Not all sets are easy but for the most part, I try to make each set be as easy as possible. There are 5 levels of difficulty. 1 being the easiest and 5 the hardest. My goal is to keep everything I make a level 1 or 2. I do have a level 3 set, the Shorty AGM-84L. This is due to the placement of the fins. 1. Easy 2. Moderate 3. Challenging 4. Stressful 5. What the hell! Why on Earth would you do that! Payment is processed through PayPal Using the Add to Cart buttons will take you to PayPal's secure page to allow payment through your PayPal account or using a credit card. Ensure your shipping address provided is accurate! Will ship international. I am currently working on two TSR.2 conversion sets. A EF-TSR.2 and a GR.4 set, which will come first. Also working on a forward swept wing set for AFV’s new F-CK-1C. Here’s two teaser pics of things to come. Note on the TSR.2 image, the light gray parts are resin and the dark gray parts are master parts. I probably start molding and casting the GR.4 master parts sometime this week. But it is still going to take some time before the sets are ready to go on sale. The forward swept F-CK master parts are coming along nicely but I’m a long way from pouring rubber. This is something I wanted to do for some time now. I’m not trying to make a living with this, I have a very good day job. This is just another way I can share my creativity with others. Feel free to share the news and repost this else where if you like. Here is a link to my store front to those who are interested. And I will also post this in the What-If related products as well. https://farresin.com/ Far Resin is a one man operation. Went I run out of sets, it will take some time to re-cast new sets. Please be patient. Thanks for stopping by, Steven L
  9. FAR148


    I do and like the effect. Steven L
  10. FAR148

    Wings Over Houston 2017

    Yes, I shot on Saturday and Sunday .
  11. I finally got around to updating my blog, here's few of my images from Houston. See and read more >>>HERE<<< Enjoy, Steven
  12. FAR148

    1/48 F-14B VF-143 AG102

    Front wheels are too clean.