Thanks again Daniel!

This is a very nice kit but not as good as the Hasegawa Bf 109 I am building for this GB.

The only real problem with the He 162 kit is choosing markings that other modellers have not used very much, ''white 3'' is not a marking option seen very often so I have a chance to make my He 162 stand out from the others.

I have started a second He 162 kit (not for the GB) and will mark that one in Eastern Front ''what-if'' colors.

Matrixone

Thank you Dave!

I have most of the decals on the model now and it is really starting to look the part

The decals I am using are EagleCals sheet #86, a good product but sadly the decal sheets for the He 162 are not as complete as their decals for the Bf 109 and Fw 190s are.

Matrixone

Thanks Nick!

I don't worry too much about the cockpit areas on my models, I like to spend more time on the exterior finish of them.

Here is a pic of the He 162 after some of the decals were put on.

208299553.jpg

This morning I finished adding the rest of the decals and am now weathering the main landing gear and gear doors.

Matrixone

Edited by matrixone

Thanks Mikester!

My Bf 109G-14 is close to being finished so I won't be working much on the He 162 this next weekend, but as you can see it only needs some light weathering before the final assembly.

I might build a third model as part of this GB. Maybe a Fw 190 or Me 262.

Matrixone