Is the Hasegawa F-14D as accurate as the Revell one?

Hi Darren... it's the other way around... you got a pretty close to accurate F-14D kit... except for a few things here and there (I'm sure others will explain as it's midnight here and I'm about to fall asleep), it's an excellent kit compared to the Revell offering...

*edit: this is strictly in my most humble opinion about the Hasegawa kit compared to the Revell kit...

Edited by raptor22
Hi Andre its 1/72 sorry!

Never mind, but it makes quite a difference kitwise.

The Revell 'D is quite accurate shapewise, but suffers from deep panel lines (what were they thinking..?). Nice VF-2 and VF-31 decals, tho'.

You've made the better choice with the Hasegawa kit.

Cheers,

Andre

The Revell kit is pretty good in 1/72. The engine fairings still need to be corrected for the GE engines, but otherwise it's a good build. The hasegawa is better, but only because it's obscenely more parts-intensive (and yes, the panel-lines are much finer)

Hi Andre its 1/72 sorry!

Ok, now that I'm wide awake ... let me share with you what the Hasegawa F-14D kit needs:

First off, I'm assuming that you got yourself one of the recent releases of the Hasegawa F-14D 1/72 kits (like the VF-213 or VF-101 or VF-2 or VF-31 kit)...

1) You'll need to make yourself a PTID screen in the RIO's office. Find books or pics online. I highly suggest the DACO F-14 book. It's worth every single penny!

2) Carefully add a tiny drop of CA (or if you can find some spare parts from other kits) on the spine to replicate the GPS dome. Again, look af references for exact location.

Other than that, I think you're pretty much good to go. Again, I highly suggest that you get the DACO F-14 book if you haven't done so. Anytime I have concerns about building a certain part of my Tomcat, I go find that book.