Another Oregon ANG Viper ADF

Well folks, sorry for not posting an update sooner, just having wanted to stop building!

It will be in the markings for F-16 A (ADF) 81-801, which has the full ADF kit.

81-801 still flies, and is with the Italian Air Force.

This is the Hasegawa F-16A kit. I believe it's the original boxing, however, I am unsure. So far, the kit has not been a too difficult build, however the fit was a bit tricky in places, such as the forward fuselage upper to lower joint, the intake and wings to fuse.

I razored the ADF tail from the Revell kit, and mated it with the Hasegawa tail. Only one pic for tonight, just wanted to show my initial progress!

I've put about 10 hours so far into this kit.

100_0110.jpg

Just a quick update:

Smooth out some of the seams a bit. Mating the Revell Tail Base to the Hasegawa fuselage wasnt as easy as it sounded, but so far, it seems to be turning out well. Just took the masking out of the cockpit to show it a bit.

The nose is going to be weighted slightly, as I have heard that this kit is a tail-sitter. It's going to be attached tomorrow, as is the HUD and the canopy, which THIS time is going on with some elmers white school glue, which I have heard works alot better. Then it's going to be masked.

Just some primer on it now.

About 13 hours on the build at this point.

100_0112.jpg

Another update, last until Dec. 26!

Got the radome on, as well as the canopy and masked it. Used Tamiya Masking tape for the first time, love it! lets hope it worked out well.

Added a fishing weight to the nose and smoothed the seam between the nose and the radome a bit. Added the upper IFF bird slicers from the revell kit, went on fine!

Merry Christmas everyone!

100_0113.jpg

Alright!

It's December 26th, and an update is here!

The Viper just came out of the paint shop, pulled the masking and cleaned up the canopy. I lightened the Gunship Grey a bit by cutting it with white.

Overall, it looks much nicer in person than it does in the photo! The gear is going on tomorrow hopefully, and I'll be working on the stores then.

100_0121.jpg

Another update:

Worked on the gear bays alot last night. Put them in and painted the gears. Also attached some of the various bips and bobbles on the aircraft. The wheels and bay doors are on, and it's been lightly weathered, but not much. Working on the stores right now, 2 tanks, 2 sparrows and 2 sidewinders. Still have the pilot tube on the nose and a few other various items to put on. I'm going to put the stores on last, as they tend to get broken off..The spotlight was added as well, though I may add a little bit of silver and then future it to make it stand out.

About 19 hours into the build at this point.

100_0129.jpg

Edited by ViperTomcat85