E-2C Hawkeye 2000 VAW-113 Black Eagles, NK600

Hey Guys :lol:

I'd like to introduce our newest aircraft type, E-2 Hawkeye. This certain one is a special one in my eyes, as it was done to LCDR Donald Manning of VAW-113, or as we know him more here at ARC, our modeling mate, spongebob :D He contacted me as he wanted to leave this behind for the squadron when he's leaving, and he liked our profiles. We were really happy to re-organize our milestones, and make the Hawkeye for the agreed time! Don's reference photos helped a lot in the production!

So, here she is, E-2C Hawkeye 2000 VAW-113 Black Eagles, NK600 / 165648. CVW-14, USS Ronald Reagan - 2006

E-2-001-A2.jpg

We hope the artwork will be appreciated by the squadron!

Greetings, neu :P

www.deploymentproductions.com

Hey Guys ;)

I'd like to introduce our newest aircraft type, E-2 Hawkeye. This certain one is a special one in my eyes, as it was done to LCDR Donald Manning of VAW-113, or as we know him more here at ARC, our modeling mate, spongebob :) He contacted me as he wanted to leave this behind for the squadron when he's leaving, and he liked our profiles. We were really happy to re-organize our milestones, and make the Hawkeye for the agreed time! Don's reference photos helped a lot in the production!

So, here she is, E-2C Hawkeye 2000 VAW-113 Black Eagles, NK600 / 165648. CVW-14, USS Ronald Reagan - 2006

E-2-001-A2.jpg

We hope the artwork will be appreciated by the squadron!

Greetings, neu :wave:

www.deploymentproductions.com

Thanks guys! We appreciate your feedback :) We are really happy with it too. This bastard forced us to modify the usual layout a bit, as this plane was simply too big :)

Stephen,

I think you forgot to include your comment in your reply :wave: You just quoted mine :)

Greetings, neu ;)

Thanks guys! We appreciate your feedback :salute: We are really happy with it too. This bastard forced us to modify the usual layout a bit, as this plane was simply too big :)

Stephen,

I think you forgot to include your comment in your reply :rolleyes: You just quoted mine :)

Greetings, neu :)

My apologies, Neu,

I thought it posted. I should check these replys, better.

Anyways, reall nice job. The wind screen/side blister window reminded me of Mark Styling's E-2s.

I have E-2s on my to do list as well. Good subject .

Thanks Stephen! Sure it reminds you, as it looks like this in the real life, and Mark is doing a really good job! :rolleyes: As far as I see he's using lot's of photos parts for his works, which make his profiles really realisitic. Though, we're not doing it, we do everything from scratch, which is a different approach. That window is tinted, and has a small bulge on it, that's why it has a unique feeling when reflections are going through on it! Every accurate realization should look similar like Mark Styling's, or our version :salute:

The Hawkeye is a really good subject indeed, especially the engine nacelle! Also it was a really good subject to experiment with new kinds of reflections! Now we're working on the different versions if the Hawkeye, as this one is Hawkeye 2000, but there are other versions, with lot's of small differences as well!

Can't wait to see your ones!

Greetings, neu :)

Neu,

The E-2's side cockpit window was not always tinted, so be mindful of that when you are depicting specific time frames. Yes I'm aware of the bulged window, I spent 3 years at sea on 2 different Carriers, working on the roof. One tends to learn these things when one works around this stuff constantly. But things do change over time, too. It was the brilliance of the tint that prompted the comment.

I also know that MS uses photo elements in his artwork. Some others here do as well. I don't.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen,

I know this given bird has a tinted window liek this. I appreciate any constructive help from you! Is there any "rule" to follow which was tinted and which was not, or it's always better to check the references (sometimes it's hard to decide fro ma photo too). Occasianally it's hard to follow the changes, it took a long time to find out if the VA-196 Intruder I'm doing now had Composite or a Metal wings, as they have different wingfolds, and it affect the outer bord pylon. I try to be as accurate as it's possible, so I appreciate any comment from you!

Which carriers you served on?

Greetings, neu :worship:

Neu,

All I can say is check for photos of the a/c you are doing, that's what I do. Or find photos of the a/c in the

same time frame of your particular subject. If you are serious about your work you should get good reference books.

As for specific time when the gold tinted windows came into being on the Hawkeye I cannot answer that, I do

see a change somewehere between 1991 and 1997.

Independence (2 cruises & 2 sets of workups) & America (1 cruise plus 2 sets of workups & NATO cruise)

I was attached to VF-33 for 5+ years.

Regards,

Stephen

Thanks Stephen!

Yes, I'm getting as much references as I can, but sometimes it's hard to determine if the glass is tinted or not, that's why I was curious if there's any hard rules I could follow! Between 91 and 97 is already a help, as it makes more chance that early Hawkeyes do not have this feature, and all the latest have. I'm always using reference photos for the subjects, otherwise I cannot be sure if the representation is accurate. Sometimes there are small differences you would simply miss if you would lay on models, or drawings...or even similar aircraft type, but not exactly the same!

My only problem is that Hawkeye is not that well documented like other aircrafts. Do you know any good books for the Hawkeye? I have found only one book till now, but that one is rather about AEW aircrafts in general.

Indy and America...I'm sure you have lot's of nice memories!

Greetings, Zoltan

Um...the only time the side and overhead windows are not tinted is when the pilot's get bored and scrape it off with a fingernail. Per Natops and the MIMs... aircraft is actually down without it. And they are more heavily tinted than a Prowler's. Not always visible or obvious in photos.

Spongebob (source of Neu's pics!)

Edited by Spongebob

Spongebob,

I stand by my statement, I have seen E-2Cs launch, without the gold tint. And again, I have lots of photographic evidence, along with personal experience that confirms the fact that gold tinting was not used commonly on E-2s prior to 1991. NATOPS gets revised when AFCs occur all the time.

I can email you samples off board if you'd like or provide a bibliography.

Regards,

Stephen

I don't doubt that at one time they did not, in fact, I'm sue of it; however all the HE2K's definitely do and anything since 2000, when I started flying them, does (Group 0, Group II and HE2K). 165648's tint is very noticeable, especially so in certain lighting conditions.

Not like gold window tint is going to protect the crew from the 1.1 Million Gigawatts the radar puts out. :rolleyes:

Spongebob

I don't doubt that at one time they did not, in fact, I'm sue of it; however all the HE2K's definitely do and anything since 2000, when I started flying them, does (Group 0, Group II and HE2K). 165648's tint is very noticeable, especially so in certain lighting conditions.

Not like gold window tint is going to protect the crew from the 1.1 Million Gigawatts the radar puts out. :lol:

Spongebob

I never made the assertion about HE2K. If you reread my post carefully, I told Neu that not all Hawkeyes (.) carried the tint (specifically, over the entire life of the E-2 program). I know he has plans to do earlier E-2s, this is the help him out in rendering those earlier a/c).

OSHA at work during the Clinton administration, I guess. So what's a little RF between friends;)

Regards,

Stephen