Grrr Need CA Help

Gahh!

Everytime I use glue, I have NO luck.

I have a regular bottle of CA (squeeze it, it comes out the nozzle)

EVERYTIME I glue something, the nozzle gets clogged. Tonight was the closest it came to bieing ruined. I tried to "repoke" the hole in the tip with my pin vise, then the point broke off and got stuck in there.

Then I tried to to run it under water so the point comes out, the glue hardened. I pent 20 minutes un gluing the glue bottle LOL!

It totally ruined my time gluing some bombs, since I didn't want it to happen again.

There MUST be away to get around this - how?

Thanks guys,

John

I wipe the tip with a paper towel and then squeeze the bottle in as far as I can slowly and then release it quickly to suck the glue in the neck and tip area back down into the bottle.

Right now I am using some Krazy Glue gel that I bought at the drugstore and I don't really care for it.

I sure miss my Zap-A-Gap CA+ :cheers:

Mike

Guest David Thompson

Yeah - that happened to me all the time till the guy at my hobby shop said to put it in the fridge. Now the stuff lasts for ever, with no/minimal clogging of the nozzle.

However, i do find excess glue collects around the base of the nozzle and the cap making a bit of a mess. The cap now no longer seals the little plastic bottle properly, but no worries, cos the glue still does not dry up.

I use it by putting a few drops in a bottle top, then apply to the parts to be glued using a tooth pick. I don't apply staight from the nozzle cos too much comes out and it goes everywhere - I guess a needle applicator would stop that though.

good luck

Is there any other way to clean the tip? For some reason I still think it's a bit clogged. When I squeeze it, it's still very stiff.

Try running a small drill bit down it with a pin vise.

Mike

Don't cap the bottle - assuming it's one of the larger model store bottles, just cut the tip off the nozzle and it'll be fine. If it gets a particularly large amount of CA on the tip, you can crack it with a pair of pliers (squeeze gently until the brittle CA cracks) and/or bend/flex the nozzle and peel any excess off with a fingernail or X-Acto blade. When using the glue, squirt out a small pool on to some sort of palette, rather than applying directly from the bottle (this being the biggest key to avoiding clogs). If the nozzle gets REALLY clogged, you can cut further down to remove the obstruction. Obviously, the smaller the hole, the better, so cut just below the blockage, and you're better off cutting several thin slices to go just far enough than to cut too much off in one go.

I agree with Mickey Fickey. I keep my bottles of CA uncapped, and havent had a bottle clog in a long time. sometimes, if I get a bit of build up, squeezing the buildup with pliers cracks it and then i pick it off with my X-acto. Also, I used to use quikbond CA, and it always clogged, the tips became brittle and broke, and the glue always dried terribly. Then I switched to Zap-a-gap, and no problems.

Jason

Don't cap the bottle - assuming it's one of the larger model store bottles, just cut the tip off the nozzle and it'll be fine. If it gets a particularly large amount of CA on the tip, you can crack it with a pair of pliers (squeeze gently until the brittle CA cracks) and/or bend/flex the nozzle and peel any excess off with a fingernail or X-Acto blade. When using the glue, squirt out a small pool on to some sort of palette, rather than applying directly from the bottle (this being the biggest key to avoiding clogs). If the nozzle gets REALLY clogged, you can cut further down to remove the obstruction. Obviously, the smaller the hole, the better, so cut just below the blockage, and you're better off cutting several thin slices to go just far enough than to cut too much off in one go.

Uncapped?

Doesn't it dry?

Ricardo

Try running a small drill bit down it with a pin vise.

Mike

I'll try it. I did however get a full sewing neddle down it, but it just feels tnse. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it!

John

Uncapped?

Doesn't it dry?

No. The hole is small enough that it's really not an issue. Granted, I live in a fairly dry environment, so people in more humid climes may have problems with moisture contamination, but it's worth a go - I've even gone back to buying bigger bottles again, and they're still fine a year later. The last bottle I capped was the last bottle that clogged and dried out.