Did anyone's Hawk see any action during the conflict?

Nope.No point as it would be totally useless in that environment. (No IFR facility,limited weapon load,low range.Slow,No RWR or radar set)

The Saudis had two squadrons (Nos 21 & 37) Mk65 based at Dhahran in August 1990, while six Kuwaiti Hawk 64s escaped to Bahrain on 2/3 August and were placed under control of the RSAF.

The Saudi aircraft were 2110-2121 & 3751-3768, no details for the Kuwaiti aircraft.

Hawks are reported to have undertaken a small number of light attack missions into Kuwait, however it isn't clear whether these actually took place.

The combat load prior to the war was reported as three Mk 83 LDGP on the centreline, plus two AIM-9Ls on the outboard pylons.

So they were in theatre, but whether they saw combat ?

HTH

Pete

So, would they qualify for this GB by virtue of being 'in-theatre'?

... if you want to build a Saudi or Kuwaiti Hawk, go for it. For now, we will just classify "in-theatre" as being any nation where combat operations took place or from which air strikes were launched.

Cool! I'll probably build one of the 6 Kuwaiti Hawks that fled on day 1.

I'll confirm participation once I acquire the kit!

Edited by aidy
Spike,

Was the photo from back in 91? Would be very interested to see.

It was & I've just found it.It looks like it has battle damage as the canopy is missing at the front cockpit.It's in a 2 tone brown with grey undersides.

I'll try & post it later.I'll have to copy the photo with my mobile & upload it.(Scanners buggered!)