Aftermarket engines for Eduard Mirages?

I'm about to start a couple of Eduard Mirages in 1/48 and see that I really need an Atar 9C to get interesting markings for an Israeli CJ - i.e. 4 tone camo, identification triangles and kill markings. I have the Isradecals set which does have one photo of such a plane, but only shows me one side of the camo scheme. Life would be a lot easier if I could get hold of an Atar 9C since that increases my options considerably and enables me to use a scheme with a 3-view markings plan (and brighter rudder markings). A brief trawl of the web has turned up nothing substantive, but does anyone know of an easily available aftermarket 9C I can use?

Many thanks

Jon

As per my response on HS, you have one option.

While there is no aftermarket ATAR 9C conversion out yet, a member here by the name of Martin_C produced his own master for the ATAR 9C conversion, as well as wheel bays.

Drop him an email or PM, and and ask if he is willing to make you a set. They are excellent quality (on par with Aires), and fit was excellent. I do not recall what I paid for them, but they were not expensive either.

PC161169.jpg

As per my response on HS, you have one option.

While there is no aftermarket ATAR 9C conversion out yet, a member here by the name of Martin_C produced his own master for the ATAR 9C conversion, as well as wheel bays.

Drop him an email or PM, and and ask if he is willing to make you a set. They are excellent quality (on par with Aires), and fit was excellent. I do not recall what I paid for them, but they were not expensive either.

PC161169.jpg

Thank you Smithery - I will drop Martin_C an email. It seems like a real 'gap' in the aftermarket to not have an easily available 9C. It would make finding attractive markings for a CJ much easier, and differentiate my CJ from the French plane I'm making with the 9B.

Cheers

Jon

You don't need an Atar 9C to do the 4-color scheme. A few Mirages retained the -9B even into the grey air superiority scheme.

Yep, thanks for the info, but I am aware of that. My main point is that, owning only the Eduard markings and Isradecals sheet, I need a 9C to do a plane with a three-view of the camo scheme (which seems to vary significantly from airframe to airframe) and interesting (to me) markings (i.e. 4-tone camo, ident triangles, kill markings, etc.). There is only one option in the Isradecals sheet with (non-handpainted) identification triangles and a 9B, but there are no diagrams for the camo scheme on the starboard side or upper surfaces.

Cheers,

Jon