Foxbat Cockpit Color

While I recognize that all Russian Foxbats would have the blue green colored cockpit, I have also noted that Indian Russian aircraft will have gray cockpits, but I haven't stumbled upon a picture of an Indian Foxbat cockpit, so my question is... Did Indian Foxbats have the blue-green interior or a gray interior?

Thanks,

Dave

PS, best matches or mixes for the two colors in question?

I know there was a discussion a while back on whether some of the Indian MiG-21bis aircraft were getting their pits redone in gray, and I seem to recall the results were inconclusive based on the photos presented. But, as far as the -25's, I think you'd be very safe with the standard blue-green for most of the Indian Foxbats' service life.

I know there was a discussion a while back on whether some of the Indian MiG-21bis aircraft were getting their pits redone in gray, and I seem to recall the results were inconclusive based on the photos presented. But, as far as the -25's, I think you'd be very safe with the standard blue-green for most of the Indian Foxbats' service life.

Yeah I had searched through the forums and come upon that thread and was hoping that someone might have the final word.

Anyone got good matches for the blue-green? Either single bottle or mixed?

Thanks,

Dave

In my opinion, the Model Master Russian Interior Green isn't vibrant/bright/obnoxious enough. It's too subdued.

I've tended to use Polly Scale's NYC Jade Green, which is waterbased.

I did a test last night and painted one panel with the NYC green and one with the Gunze H46 Emerald Green. The Gunze is significantly deeper and darker. The NYC green looks like a pretty close match to me.

Just my two cents.