Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

david sMiGielski

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About david sMiGielski

  • Rank
    ...it's pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove."

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Location
    East Coast

Recent Profile Visitors

9,205 profile views
  1. Eduard MiG-21PFM

    Finally got around to building one of Eduard's 1/48 MiG-21s. Such nice kits. Finished painting earlier today. Hopefully decals (for a rarely seen air force) later today.
  2. Doing some herd thinning and figured I'd start with this one. More kits to follow. Hasegawa's 1/48 F-4EJ kai "20th Anniversary 301SQ" boxing. Sprues are still in the plastic. Package includes Aires' exhaust nozzles (4118), True Details intakes (4822), and AeroMaster's Japanese Phantoms cheet (48-529). Asking $100, shipping is free to CONUS. Paypal preferred but I'm flexible. PM or email if interested: smigarc<at>gmail.com
  3. Soyuz launcher and spacecraft

    Space subjects have kind of taken hold of me and this is the first in what I hope will be a series of launcher/spacecraft displays. This is New Ware's 1/144 Soyuz kit (built out of the box) posed next to the 1/72 Realspace Soyuz (with some scratchbuilt details). I added a couple figures to provide a size reference and threw on an old Soyuz pin I found online. The final picture is a teaser for the next project: the old Rho Models 1/144 Proton-Zond paired with my own scratchbuilt 1/48 Zond capsule. I can do a more detailed post on that project if anyone is interested.
  4. Kitty Hawk's MiG-25

    As far as fit, I've built WAY worse fitting kits before, including from some of the major "fantastic" manufacturers. All this one takes is a little, wait for it, modelling skill. It's been a crazy late summer, early fall. I'm hoping to maybe get paint on it in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.
  5. Selfridge A-10 markings in 1/48 scale

    The Selfridge open house was always a great time. I went to the first one post-Desert Storm. The 355th was there with a couple of their A-10s. Turns out one--Georgia Girl--was flown by a former student of my father's. I got, and still have, a poster with shots of the nose are from every plane in the squadron. A few years ago I approached a now-defunct decal company about doing a 355th Desert Storm hog sheet with the nose art, but obviously that never happened. I still have the poster and all the reseach material I was able to gather though.
  6. Kitty Hawk's MiG-25

    First coat of primer is on. The section I was most worried about--the nose--isn't in bad shape. The printed parts are a little interesting under paint. Note the almost wood-grained pattern on the nose. I'm hoping it will go away as more layers of primer are applied and sanded. The wings need the most work and I suspect will require a complete rescribe before this is all said and done.
  7. Kitty Hawk's MiG-25

    I'm going to put primer on the kit tonight. Will post a couple pics. I suspect it will be the first of many coats since I've had to do a lot of filling and sanding.
  8. RAF Marauder Mk.1

    Got the Lone Star B-26 conversion set yesterday, along with the Red Gecko decals. I'm thinking of turning the Monogram kit into an RAF Marauder Mk.1 based in North Africa, but I'm having a hard time finding info on any differences between a USAAF B-26A and the RAF version. I'm assuming the cockpits and armament are the same, but can that also be said for the rest of the interior (radio/navagation stations, etc)? Thanks in advance.
  9. building the KH 1/48 F-101A/C Voodoo

    So wait, if I decide to buy a KH F-101 and build it because it meets my standards for quality and interest, regardless of the errors I know are there, that makes me ignorant or a shill? I think someone said it up thread: People are losing perspective. We aren't launching a rocket or doing brain surgery here (Revell Visible Man exempted, of course).
  10. MiG-21 Bis SyAAF

    Having built my fair share of MiG-21s and one scratchbuilt cockpit, I have to say that your cockpit is one of the most impressive I've seen. Really nice work.
  11. Kittyhawk 1/48 Mig-25

  12. Kittyhawk 1/48 Mig-25

    Having watched this discussion from the beginning, I'm comfortable saying that both sides of the argument have been equally rude to each other. Hence my hope that this iteration of the MiG-25 thread will be locked down so people can maybe take a deep breath, get some fresh air and sun, and remember that an opinion is just an opinion, everyone's eyesight and sense of perspective is different, and we're all here for the same, positive reasons. Just my .44 Slovak Karuna, take it or leave it.
  13. Kitty Hawk's MiG-25

    I'm at the filling and sanding stage. Pretty dull stuff. I'll hopefully have something new to post this weekend.
  14. Kittyhawk 1/48 Mig-25

    ooo, maybe this thread will FINALLY get locked down.
  15. MiG-23MS IqAF

    That's gorgeous. I love a nice Flogger.