The Feathers are completely different looking. The A,B,C,D's have notched feathers and the E,F. and G I presume all have un-notched feathers. Their all segmented with 12 parts inside and out but they just don't look the same. Also on the inside the flame holder is completely different as well. I bought the Aires Nozzles to see how they might be adapted but couldn't bring myself to hack up or modify such goageous stuff from Aires. Dimensionally the diameter looks the same and the length looks close as well.

Check here for some pictures of their differences:

F/A-18E/F exhaust

http://data.primeportal.net/hangar/tom_adk...43_04_of_17.JPG

F/A-18D

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_s...52_12_of_20.jpg

Hope that helps I've been lookin for E/F nozzles myself...

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by Incaroad

I'm more concerned with whether the nozzles are opened or closed, rather than if they're accurate, because I know that they wouldn't be accurate. I prefer to model my jets with the engines wide open when possible, because I like my jets turning and burning, and you can't really do that with closed engine nozzles.

Edited by Tomcat Fanatic
I'm more concerned with whether the nozzles are opened or closed, rather than if they're accurate, because I know that they wouldn't be accurate. I prefer to model my jets with the engines wide open when possible, because I like my jets turning and burning, and you can't really do that with closed engine nozzles.

Aires makes open and closed nozzles.

At the largest diameter the Aires parts are .025 smaller than the Hasegawa parts. If one wished to sand the circumference of the Hasegawa Fuselage down then YES they might fit. If you don't wanna sand the crap out of the fuselage then yes they would fit but with a .013 lip all the way round. On the real aircraft that would be .600 or 15.25mm.

The attachment to the Revell is different but if you cut away the Turkey feathers and just used the portion that attaches to the kit it might fit better.

But, if ones not concerned with how accurate they are...

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by Incaroad
The attachment to the Revell is different but if you cut away the Turkey feathers and just used the portion that attaches to the kit it might fit better.

But, if ones not concerned with how accurate they are...

Cheers,

Larry

That's about what I figured, and was planning. Thank you.