5-min epoxy solvent?

Anyone recommend a solvent that will clean 5-min epoxy without marring the surface? I used some to tack crown molding in place temporarily on top of my kitchen cabinets before adding PL Premium. Got a bit of seepage on the upper edge of the cabinet (laminate, not solid wood) and I don't want to harm the surface. Thanks.

Anyone recommend a solvent that will clean 5-min epoxy without marring the surface? I used some to tack crown molding in place temporarily on top of my kitchen cabinets before adding PL Premium. Got a bit of seepage on the upper edge of the cabinet (laminate, not solid wood) and I don't want to harm the surface. Thanks.

Try alcohol, works for me when I build model RC airplanes and I leave epoxy fingerprints all over the place. I don't know of much you can do if it is dried. I do recall someone stating that you can re-heat dried epoxy with a heat gun which will cause it to melt and then you can use epoxy to clean it up.

Chuck B.

Edited by CBREEZE