OK....here is my F-14A Tomcat.

This model represents a couple of things....not only is it my entry in the Monogram Classics GB, it is also the first model I have built in over 20 years.

Tomcat_1.jpg

Tomcat_2.jpg

Still need to weather & detail it, add the gear (which were still drying at the time), burner cans, weapons, and of course decals. She is going to be wearing the colors of the VF-2 Bounty Hunters during their last cruise. I realize they flew either Bs or Ds at the time, but I fudged it a little bit...."artistic impression" and all that....

Ah! :P

Future is a floor wax, that's been adopted by most modellers nowadays.

When you finish the basic paint scheme, you can either brush, or spray future to make a gloss coat, perfect for decal applying and weathering since turpenoid can't eat future it's perfect for weathering to your liking and removing the excess.

A pretty good item that is not even directed to modelling!

Well, you are in luck, since you just painted it, and the decals nor weathering are applied, you can coat the entire model with Future (Still,i think you need to mask the canopy and windshield) After you coat everything with future let it dry and cure,maybe you'll want to thin it a bit with Windex or Amonia based window cleaners. Once everything is set, apply the decals and let them dry,once decals are done, you can put another coat of future to seal them and prepare for Weathering, this way you can weather with oils and if you overdo it you can clean it up with Turpenoid, it won't eat the Future (Powerfull little thing) once everything's set, shoot a coat of your liking (Gloss,or Matte)

Ah! the Good thing about future, is that it leaves a gloss coat that's perfect for Decal Applying,it also makes the decals loose the ''Silvering'' effect

There are also two Decal Applying solutions, called Solva Set and Micro Sol or something among those lines (i've hear many names) They help the decal set and hug all the surrounding details, one of those, when applied will cause the decal to shrink and wrap,but it will extend and adhere once it's dry.

If you have doubts,you may consult with a modeller with more experience, i'm 16 years old,so i don't have as much experience as some others around :deadhorse1:

I just finished.

Tomcat_3.jpg

Tomcat_4.jpg

I didn't add weapons to it, because I have some aftermarket stuff I am going to add after the Monogram GB. I have a TARPS pod for the bottom and some resin gas tanks that are going to get mounted. Other than the decals, completely OOB. I used Superscale VF-2 decals with some stencils from an Eagle Strike sheet. I ended up sanding off all the raised panel lines on the nose....accident. I didn't realize I did it until I painted and noticed the nose section looked mighty plain! Oh well....practice makes perfect they say