Older hasegawa 1/72 scale tomcat...Dissapointed!!!

holy cow!! i bought 3 of these babies, the older ones with the VF-74 markings, and i open them up and to my shock, Raised panel lines??? ***??? They really werent cheap by any means. i feel my academy 1/72 is much better, as all the panel lines are recessed plus it cost 10$ less.Any tips on how to make the hasegawa kit look better are much appreciated.

Hate to say it: Shouldn't have baought 3 of them. Should have done your research first. OK- don't hate me for saying that.

There is a lot of refrence online and be sure to ask around these parts for buying something you don't know about.

On the other hand- raised panel lines really arn't that big of deal. I still build a lot of raised panel line kits. By no means are they any more or less accurate than recessed panel lines. Recessed lines are nice because they don't sand off as easily, are easier to replace, and take a wash nicely.

On a 1/72 kit, panel lines really arn't that prominant. You may wish to simply sand the raised ones all off.

Wow Andy Mullen!!1 you did a fine job with those old ones!! maybe i wont give up on them just yet. on a more positive hasegawa note, i have about 7 of the newer hasegawa kits and they look awesome!!!

by the way Andy Mullen. i much enjoyed your website with all of your models, especially the Tomcats, but i have not been able to get on it for the past week or so. will it be up and running agian soon?

Edited by 233monte
Wow Andy Mullen!!1 you did a fine job with those old ones!! maybe i wont give up on them just yet. on a more positive hasegawa note, i have about 7 of the newer hasegawa kits and they look awesome!!!

by the way Andy Mullen. i much enjoyed your website with all of your models, especially the Tomcats, but i have not been able to get on it for the past week or so. will it be up and running agian soon?

The website is down due to my having to move both my business and house, into new premises, and the webserver had to be disconnected, until we can get a new broadband line for it. Hopefully my website will be back up before New Year, and I shall post the new address asap.

You have a bit of catching up to do - I have 43 in the stash, 2 partial builds, and 28 built :woot.gif: