Had a chance to have a look at the Mirage Apache Longbow today, and while I was mildly impressed with the detailing, I'm sad to report that there's still no accurate Longbow in 1/72 scale. Mirage, like everyone else before them, have gotten the rear end of the sponsons wrong...

In fact, given the huge amount of air in the box, I'm actually not sure these are even original molds. The sprue count was fairly high, which suggests it's a Hasegawa or Academy copy. Does anyone know any more about that? As in, is it a legit licensed copy, or did someone once again take advantage?

Interestingly, I saw four different boxings of the Apache on the shelf - a Longbow, a Britbow, and two different regular Apaches (can't remember if the "special" version was an Israeli or a Desert Storm bird. I didn't open the regular versions to look, but at a guess they at least have accurate sponsons.

*sigh*. Someone, *anyone*, do a new-tool 1/72 Apache, PLEASE. I can wait another couple of years for a Zulu Cobra, but not having a good Longbow after it's been in service for TEN YEARS is criminal. Hell, I haven't even heard of anyone doing a resin update, just unique conversions. What gives?

SP

• 3 years later...

In fact, given the huge amount of air in the box, I'm actually not sure these are even original molds. The sprue count was fairly high, which suggests it's a Hasegawa or Academy copy. Does anyone know any more about that? As in, is it a legit licensed copy, or did someone once again take advantage?

Definitely not a copy of the Hasegawa AH-64. I just compared instructions for both, and they're completely different.