*NEW*...PE for the F-84F

"spoilers" (Republic called them something else)

Bruce Craig of "Thunderjets.com" fame has mastered a new set of PE that is correct AND fit. When I say correct, I mean they will be as the close to the real thing as possible. If you know Bruce, you know he is a fanatic about his Republic birds.

He is the most knowledgeable researcher on the F-84 series of aircraft. So, if he is going to make something for them, they WILL be accurate.

Stay tuned......

Edited by Harold
"dive brakes" (Republic called them something else)

Bruce Craig of "Thunderjets.com" fame has mastered a new set of PE that is correct AND fit. When I say correct, I mean they will be as the close to the real thing as possible. If you know Bruce, you know he is a fanatic about his Republic birds.

He is the most knowledgeable researcher on the F-84 series of aircraft. So, if he is going to make something for them, they WILL be accurate.

Stay tuned......

Speaking of those air brakes - a friend of mine is the director/curator of the Selfridge Air Museum. They have an RF-84F in their collection. He is also a modeler, btw. He went out with a measuring tape and measured the position of the speed brakes on the real airplane, then measured the position of the speed brakes on the Monogram F-84F. He swears the kit is absolutely correct in comparison.

I can't vouch for his information, but he has no reason to invent things...

J

Speaking of those air brakes - a friend of mine is the director/curator of the Selfridge Air Museum. They have an RF-84F in their collection. He is also a modeler, btw. He went out with a measuring tape and measured the position of the speed brakes on the real airplane, then measured the position of the speed brakes on the Monogram F-84F. He swears the kit is absolutely correct in comparison.

I can't vouch for his information, but he has no reason to invent things...

J

I do believe he is correct. The problem was the PE that was available was incorrect in the design and did not fit the kit it was intended for.

Is this PE set for the Monogram kit only, or will it maybr work on the Heller RF-84 kit? I wonder if the dive brakes are different on the two versions. Here are some pics I took at the Chino Planes of Fame a few years ago of the RF-84F and the dive brake. Always glad to see some accesories for the early jets. Don M.

F-84DiveDrake1.jpg

F-84DiveDrake2.jpg

F-84DiveDrake3.jpg

Here is a photo of the PE set for the Heller/Fonderie RF-84F.

RF-84FPE.jpg

It includes the wing fences.

Wow!! Looking good!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How long will it be available?

How will I be able to get my hands on it?

Thanks again for the heads up.

Stephen Lin

Edited by Stephen Lin
Wow!! Looking good!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How long will it be available?

How will I be able to get my hands of it?

Thanks again for the heads up.

Stephen Lin

Bruce is working up the packaging and instructions now.

Edited by Harold

I have 20 sets. 10 Bucks US including shipping within US by USPS first class. If outside

US, I will need your address to determine mailing cost to your location.

Email me at f84thunderjet@yahoo.com for address and payment info, and PayPal is one

option for payment if you have a PayPal account.

rf84f-a1927.jpg

Photo is dry fit of parts on port wing.

Bruce.

Edited by Plankwing

Harold! Dang it man. You're going to force me into building my RF-84F aren't you? You're a mean, awful man. Bad man!

Okay, got the cockpit set, so now I need the intakes and the PE (got the decals already).

:rolleyes:

J

Harold! Dang it man. You're going to force me into building my RF-84F aren't you? You're a mean, awful man. Bad man!

Okay, got the cockpit set, so now I need the intakes and the PE (got the decals already).

:thumbsup:

J

I guess I should go ahead and make the main gear wells too, huh?

That is about that kit needs now, plus the modelers skill.

I guess I should go ahead and make the main gear wells too, huh?

That is about that kit needs now, plus the modelers skill.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Remember the very first fighter I ever got to sit in was an RF-84F of the Michigan ANG (note my avatar). Back before the guard boys moved into Selfridge, they were based at Detroit Metro Airport. I was a wee Cub Scout of 7 years old. I'll never forget that in a million years B)

J

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Remember the very first fighter I ever got to sit in was an RF-84F of the Michigan ANG (note my avatar). Back before the guard boys moved into Selfridge, they were based at Detroit Metro Airport. I was a wee Cub Scout of 7 years old. I'll never forget that in a million years :thumbsup:

J

WOW...great memories.