C-141A and C-141B 1/72 Anigrand

Very nice work and more power to you for dealing with all the faults in those kits. I've seen some of your other builds and have a lot of respect for your abilities.

I hate to say anything negative, but since you asked for comments and opinions... I feel I have to comment on your interior color choices. I was a C-141 crewchief and flight engineer from 1978-86, the time period covering both the C-141A in the white and gray scheme and the C-141B in the Euro I "Lizard" scheme. During that time, I never saw a C-141 with blue seats and cushions--they were orange. The interior colors of both the flight deck and cargo compartment was a very light green, not gray.

The cheatline on the gray and white scheme was a very dark blue. The natural metal LE panels started outboard of the heat exchanger intake panels.

Respectfully,

Karl

Karl,

Thanks, negitive is good! It all helps due to the fit of the clear resin part and the pinholes I went ahead and painted the windows black, so no interior can be seen now anyway.

Been looking at reference pics about ready to drive me crazy looking at them all trying to figure out what is what on these things, I guess it depends on the time frame.

One question on the rear horizontal stabilizers on the A model (gray/white) was that leading edge silver also?

I have the scale plans from the old 1/72 Nova vacuform kit and it shows no silver area on that area. Thanks any help would be appreciated

Kinda neat C-141 Site

One question on the rear horizontal stabilizers on the A model (gray/white) was that leading edge silver also?

I have the scale plans from the old 1/72 Nova vacuform kit and it shows no silver area on that area. Thanks any help would be appreciated

Kinda neat C-141 Site

That's a very good question, and I wish I could help you there, but I simply don't remember. Maybe because it was so high off the ground, or maybe because we never had to do much with the T-tail (other than change the nav light bulb, which was done via a cherry picker from the rear; or grease the pitch trim jackscrews, which was done inside the vertical tail via a built in ladder). I do remember the wing LE panels quite well though--probably because we were removing and reinstalling them so often.

I'll try going through my old pictures and see if that turns anything up.

Kinda neat C-141 Site

I've looked at several pictures, and it appears that the 141A did have NMF stabilizer LEs. Here is a picture which shows the NMF LEs on both the stab and wing. Note also the gray painted heat exchanger intake panel.

C-141A_0017_Sheppard_78-s12.jpg

I've looked at several pictures, and it appears that the 141A did have NMF stabilizer LEs. Here is a picture which shows the NMF LEs on both the stab and wing. Note also the gray painted heat exchanger intake panel.

C-141A_0017_Sheppard_78-s12.jpg

Thanks for the pic HELPS ALOT! Have to touch up the front leading edge where I ran the silver all they way to the fuse. I did get them both the A and B decals on yesterday, waiting for them to dry to clear coat both then, down hill run from there. THANKS AGAIN!............

Starting to look different now, both have decals on them got the main landing gear figured out so they will set correct (I hope). The upper part of the main gear shows thru the little door now. Now for all the little stuff to be added to them both. Plus touch up the leading edge where I ran the silver to far in. Wish decals came with the yellow door outlines. Somebody needs to come out with door outlines in yellow but divide the door outlines into 1/4's so you can make what ever size you want too.

Battery ran out so you all lucked out just one pic too look at. Thanks all for looking and comments welcomed of course.

MVC-022S-4.jpg