Revell's 1/72 Breguet Br-1150 Atlantic

Hi,

Now that's for the popular (not) subject!

I recently got Revell's latest Breguet Atlantic release, the "MFG 3 Anniversary" boxing. Needless to say, the decal sheet sucks, though it is better than the initial release 3 years ago (too bad the work was not done by Danny Coremans).

Could you please redirect me to a nice aftermarket decal sheet, and maybe aftermarket parts ? The decal sheet actually is the most important thing.

Thanks in advance. Regards, Steven

Edited by GearDownPlease

Model Art makes a sheet for French and Italian Atlantics (#7447). Hannants shows it in stock.

Eduard makes an extensive etch set for the it #72427.

That's about all I'm aware of.

Model Art makes a sheet for French and Italian Atlantics (#7447). Hannants shows it in stock.

The only Model Art sheet I found at Hannants is 72047 and it only has French Atlantics and British Whirlwinds (the helicopter).

The only Model Art sheet I found at Hannants is 72047 and it only has French Atlantics and British Whirlwinds (the helicopter).

Hello and thank you for your replies. I just checked Hannants website and it's true they only offer a Model Art "French Atlantic" decal sheet, presumably better than Revells job, and Eduards photo-etch.

What's bad about the decals?

Hi, I have the feeling with Revell it's "hit or miss": either you are lucky and get the sheet with decal patterns printed too flat BUT centered or you get the goddam whole set with offset decal patterns. My sheet was ok regarding the special black-red-yellow strip on fuselage and fin but the rest, general stenciling, was hugely offset.

Thank you all for your replies, I might go the Model Art way, or try convert it to Atlantique 2 standard http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Na...ique/1215279/L/ but this is what I was secretly hoping for :rolleyes:http://www.airliners.net/photo/Italy---Air...ntic/1117933/L/ .

Regards, Steven

Please keep us updated on the progress and post some pictures, I built the Atlantic some years ago and hardly ever saw anyone else working/completing the model.

If you do a MFG 3-version, be careful with the white roundels on the engines: I applied the decals without a white base-coat and now the contrast-line between grey and white is visible...

HAJO

Please keep us updated on the progress and post some pictures, I built the Atlantic some years ago and hardly ever saw anyone else working/completing the model.

If you do a MFG 3-version, be careful with the white roundels on the engines: I applied the decals without a white base-coat and now the contrast-line between grey and white is visible...

HAJO

HAJO