• 2 years later...
I am looking for some 1/48 ALE-40 Chaff/Flare launchers, similar to what are used on the AV-8B, A-10, F-16 & F-15. I would prefer some aftermarket resin types, so I can use them as reference material to scratch build 20 of them. They are for a super-detailed AC-130U project. I believe someone made a set for the Harrier. I know there are ALE-40s available on various decal sheets and on Eduard PE sets, but those would be too hard to use as masters.

Larry

The USAF and USN/USMC use different chaff/flare dispensers but model kit wise, your best bet would be to ask for the parts spares from the 1/48 Tamiya F-16 kits (parts C30 and C31). You get a pair of each chaff and flare dispenser from any version of their F-16 releases. I don't know about the Kinetic kit if it has the parts separately.

The USN version can be had from the 1/48 Hasegawa and Promodeler (reboxed Hasegawa in Blue Angels markings) A-4 kits, parts A5.

I'm not aware of an aftermarket resin set of the USAF dispenser itself alone but I do recall a Russian(?) company that made the dispensers in photoetch but it looked very difficult to assemble cleanly.