Minicraft 1/48 Customs Blackhawk

So I'm new to the whole "aftermarket parts" section of this hobby, and I was wondering who might sell a FLIR pod for this aircraft that doesn't alter the shape of the nose of the Blackhawk? All of the aftermarket parts that I've seen seem to also have a protrusion on the front of the nose.

Also, does anyone out there make updated DHS decals for this bird?

I believe you are confusing the weather radar that goes on the nose w/a FLIR that goes underneath.

On the below HH-60G, the weather radar is to the right, with the FLIR ball under the nose.

10.jpg

Side view of same.

11.jpg

Newer versions have the weather radar mounted on the front, center of the nose, w/the FLIR still mounted underneath.

MH-60G%20New%20Nose%201.jpg

Cobra Company has a 1/48 MH-60L conversion set that includes the FLIR and center-mounted weather radar. Chris may sell individual parts if you contact him via email.

I don't know of any AM decals for DHS birds.

Good luck.

Nice timing, Gino!

I think he was just looking for a set that had a FLIR ball only, sans nose radar mods.

Great minds think alike!! I think so too, but it sounded to me like he was talking about the nose radar (with the shape of the nose thing...), not the FLIR.

I was wondering who might sell a FLIR pod for this aircraft that doesn't alter the shape of the nose of the Blackhawk? All of the aftermarket parts that I've seen seem to also have a protrusion on the front of the nose.

Yup, CC is the way to go.

All,

Yes, Chris should be able to take care of you on the parts you need. From personal experience, I traded for a couple of CC sets that the guy I traded with had robbed some parts out of the sets. I emailed Chris, told him the truth about the sets and he made me a price just for the missing pieces instead of buying the whole sets. Chris will provide the best in customer service, bar none.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)