LF: Italeri or Fujimi 1/72 F-18 Hornet main u/c legs

Hello all,

I'm after some sets of the the main gear legs (and smaller related struts) from Italeri's legacy Hornets in 1/72. Because of their origin, this also applies to the kits by Revell, Tamiya and Testors. I will happily buy the pieces (I'd prefer to buy just those parts, but will consider whole kits too) and pay for their postage to Australia, or can trade from a large pool of aircraft bits, tanks, ordnance, decals etc (primarily jets).

So, perhaps you've built a kit with the gear up, or have trashed an old kit and salvaged some parts. If you can help, I'd love to hear from you.

Regards,

Andrew.

Edited by AndrewS

Hi Andre,

Thanks very much for the kind offer. If the Esci bits were the same, then yes, they would be a great help. However, I think not (my distant memory of that kit is all bad, and it certainly doesn't ring any bells with the Italeri mould - why oh why couldn't it have been like their Harrier or Starfighter kits?), so I'll gratefully decline. It's very good of you to offer though and to reply to my post.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Thanks very much for the kind offer. If the Esci bits were the same, then yes, they would be a great help. However, I think not (my distant memory of that kit is all bad, and it certainly doesn't ring any bells with the Italeri mould - why oh why couldn't it have been like their Harrier or Starfighter kits?), so I'll gratefully decline. It's very good of you to offer though and to reply to my post.

The parts are not identical, but it looks like they will fit the holes in Italeri's wheel wells with a bit of fidgeting. I won't use them, so they may be better than no struts at all... you're welcome to them.

The kit itself is, as you say, not one of Esci's better efforts - I picked it up cheaply for sale for the VFA-81 Desert Storm MiG killer decals, with vague plans to convert it to an YF-17 with the help of an old magazine article describing the conversion (which is why I won't use the MLG struts). The Esci kit has a lot of features that are closer to the YF-17 than to the F/A-18 anyway.

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 years later...

Bump.

Still looking (!) and would be chuffed to hear from someone with these parts. I've edited the title a little to include similar items from the Fujimi kits.

Cheers,

Andrew.