So what's out there in kit form? I am aware that some model kit companies have produced kits of World War II bikes in their armor lines (Bilek, and I think Tamiya, too). I'm actually interested in building a motorcycle police unit from the 1920s or 1930s, and preferably larger than 1/35th, but I realize that might be a tall order for an affordable plastic kit.

So what's out there in kit form? I am aware that some model kit companies have produced kits of World War II bikes in their armor lines (Bilek, and I think Tamiya, too). I'm actually interested in building a motorcycle police unit from the 1920s or 1930s, and preferably larger than 1/35th, but I realize that might be a tall order for an affordable plastic kit.

There's a 1/9 scale kit of the WLA that was originally by ESCI I think. I have an Italeri issue and it's possible that Revell has reissued it as they have with the BMW R-75 and Zundapp 750 kits. It's got lots of detail but maybe a little bit of a fit problem that "modeling skills" may be needed to overcom. It is reasonably affordable. See THIS THREAD over on Fine Scale Modeler's web board if you want your eyes knocked out by awesomeness.

There's a 1/9 scale kit of the WLA that was originally by ESCI I think. I have an Italeri issue and it's possible that Revell has reissued it as they have with the BMW R-75 and Zundapp 750 kits. It's got lots of detail but maybe a little bit of a fit problem that "modeling skills" may be needed to overcom. It is reasonably affordable. See THIS THREAD over on Fine Scale Modeler's web board if you want your eyes knocked out by awesomeness.

Thanks, and agreed: The awesomeness at the aforesaid link is severe. 1/9th scale might be a tad bigger than I had planned, though. Hmm...maybe I'll think about a small diorama in 1/35th scale.