Hi folks i hope someone out there can help me, i am wanting to build a Tornado GR1 27 squadron Iraq 1991 and i cant find any decals anywhere hannants have sold out.

Sorry forget to say 1/32 scale.

If it comes to it and you can't find any decals, you could try making your own or putting them together from other decal sets? As far as I'm aware, RAF tornadoes during Desert Storm carried very simple markings, mainly just the squadron on the tail, pale pink/blue roundel on the wing, and for certain aircraft, nose-art (which can be hand painted)

both coventry air museum, newark air museum and aeroventure (doncaster) have shops in the museums which hold a random stock of decals but they dont have websites but will post to you

i noticed on the aviation workshop they are making a new tornado for gulf war 1 aircraft sheet it minght be worth giving them a phone call and asking them

ive got a 1/72 sheet at home i think if you need to make your own

If it comes to it and you can't find any decals, you could try making your own or putting them together from other decal sets? As far as I'm aware, RAF tornadoes during Desert Storm carried very simple markings, mainly just the squadron on the tail, pale pink/blue roundel on the wing, and for certain aircraft, nose-art (which can be hand painted)

The were no squadron markings carried apart from serial numbers & letter codes,aircraft were pooled & flown by crews from different squadrons.The nose art was often named after the tail code (AJ-Amanda Jane ect)

PM me what particujar jet you want to make,it's likely I have photo's of the nose art.

My Tornado sticky.

I have never came across any aftermarket decals for Desert Storm Tornado GR1's in 1/32. There is a Op Telic one on the go but that wouldn't include 27 Sqn as the sqn disbanded on the Tornado about 1994. Xtradecal do a sheet but only for the Green/Grey scheme.

However Revell's 1/32 GR1 kit which was released for the USA market came with a decal sheet for 2 DS birds.

I found this from Flightpath:

http://home.clara.net/djparkins/fltpath/fp...postwar_raf.htm

I don't know how to order (I think via e-mail) or if they are still in stock.

I hope this helps!

Just shows you :thumbsup:

Heres an order form and contact telephone number

http://home.clara.net/djparkins/djporderform.htm

Edited by scotthldr