Airfix 1/48 Hurricane

Hello, friends!

This is my first post in the ARC Forum after a long time lurking around. This is Arfix´s 1/48 Hurricane that I finished a while ago. I kept it almost OOB, except for the addition of a few scartch details into the cockpit (impossible to see with the canopy closed), wheel well, copper wire latches to the canopy and brake lines and some mesh material into the radiator. I also drilled the exhausts and the air intake. I painted the model with Humbrol and Model Master enamels, the camouflage was freehanded and the weathering was achieved with black pastel chalk and a blending stick. Some parts, such as the landing gear legs and bay, were washed with diluted burnt umber acrylic paint. The decals are from the kit, except for the fuselage roundels and letters and the "Death" noseart, all stolen from Tamiya´s Mosquito sheet (I couldn´t put the Airfix decals to good use, the GZ B code was way to big and silvered badly), thus resulting in a nice "fake" Hurricane! Finally, the aerial is made with invisible thread and white glue insulators.

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Thiago

Hurricane1.jpg

Hurricane2.jpg

Hurricane3.jpg

Hurricane4.jpg

Hurricane5.jpg

Hurricane6.jpg

Hurricane7.jpg

Hurricane8.jpg

Hurricane9.jpg

overall I though it was very nice !

(and now for the polite critique)

it looks like the 'GB' on the left side does not follow the same line as the 'J'

or is this a trick of the photo?

may I ask how you are photographing your model?

(Yes , I know the critique was for the model...)

I think a few slight changes could help improve the images a great deal.

overall I though it was very nice !

(and now for the polite critique)

it looks like the 'GB' on the left side does not follow the same line as the 'J'

or is this a trick of the photo?

may I ask how you are photographing your model?

(Yes , I know the critique was for the model...)

I think a few slight changes could help improve the images a great deal.

Thanks, Green Man!

Indeed, those decals responded very well (better than I expected) to microsol and ended up like that, wrinkling a little. The angle of the photo enhances the "effect".

The pictures were taken with my cell phone, which has an aledged 5 mp camera...the lighting is far for appropiate also, consisting of the lamp above the mirror my wife uses to do her make up (a 100 watt bulb, IIRC) and the one l use in my bench, which was moved around the model while I was taking the pictures.