A-1H SKYRAIDER

Revell (Monagram) 1/48 A-1H Skyraider

Now why the Skyraider? Well when i was in 'Nam these guys flew cover for us on a number of missions and helped save my butt.

Now the next problem - The Kit is old and therefore will not be up to the modern high standards also it is the Navy version, not the USAF version that I'd like to build.

so will need a far bit ofr work.

Since the missions were "We were never there" types, I think they call that Black nowadays, any ideas where I could find information on the Squadrons that flew them?

602nd SOS call sign Fireflys or Sandys spring to mind but the memory isn't that good nowadays and it was a long time ago.

I'm sorry I can;t go into further details as to the where and when.

Ay help here would be welcome.

Thank you

Ajed1

Edited by Ajed1

You could go with the Tamiya Skyraider. Much more detailed than the Monogram kit. I just picked up the Navy version. Squadron.com has the Air Force version, link below. I'm not sure about the units that used it in Nam, I'll look thriygh my reference books and see what I can dig up. The Warbird Museum in Seviervile, TN has a Skyraider on display, I got to see it last weekend. REALLY cool. Don M.

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=TM61073

Thank you very much Viper 50, sorry I did not reply sooner.

I have had a bit of a job firming up details but now I know a lot more.

602nd SOS (ex 602nd ACS/Fighter Squadron (Commando) based at Nahkon Phanom (NKP), Thailand. is what I'm looking for.

Yes the Revell/Monogram kits is a little dated but as it will be my first build in 30plus years I am bound to mess it up,

and its cheap enough to be a throw away if I do :D The Tamiya Skyraider can come later as I gain confidence and learn all these new skills.

Thank you for the link I have no idea how to earch for stuff like that -another thing I have to learn.

Ajed1

Who Dares Wins

Edited by Ajed1