1/32 Trumpeter P-47N Twinderbolt

Hi

The postman dropped off the first half of my what if build, a 1/32 Trumpeter P-47N Thunderbolt, I say half as this is going to be a "Twinderbolt"

DSCF1748.jpg

I saw this a number of years ago in the FSM magazine and I've always fancied have a go at building one

twinP-47.jpg

I'm going to put the cockpit on the right and she'll be armed with rockets and bombs, I was thinking of finishing her in Brazilian markings but I can't get hold of a FCM decal set so she may end up being Mexican. :cheers:

Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

And sorry for the delay in posting but a couple of thinks happened after starting this GB, first off after having a tentative start at the 1/24 VFS P-47D I soon realised that I didn't have enough references so I ordered a few books and while waiting for them to arrive I got started on this kit then my health took a turn for the worse, nothing to serious but it has stopped me from modelling for a while.

Anyway this is what I've got do at the moment, as you can see I've built the skeleton of the centre wing section using plastic card and Evergreen strip.

DSCF1766.jpg

DSCF1778.jpg

Here is the tail section again built up from plastic card.

DSCF1770.jpg

DSCF1774.jpg

And this is what it looks like with the two fuselage half's test fitted, I had a Hobbycraft F-82 kit which I measured the span of the tail section also the the propeller of the P-47N and decided that the two fuselages would be 140mm between centres.

DSCF1772.jpg

DSCF1771.jpg

While all this was going on I also bought a 1/32 Hasegawa P-47M which I'm thinking about converting into an XP-72.

DSCF1763.jpg

Thanks for reading and and being patient

Jack

Edited by Dustyjack