Supermarine Scimitar replacement wheels?

So one of the wheels I got in the 1/72 Xtrakit was not molded well and the replacement I just received from Hannants was no better. :whistle: Anyone got any ideas? I notice the main wheels on a Hasegawa F-4J look somewhat similar, so what is everyone's thoughts on those (or something else) being used for passable representations?

G'day J.C,

I'm fairly certain that Scimitars utilised the same wheel as the Sea Vixen in the later periods of their service. I see from sprueshots of the Xtrakit that they provide what appears to be the Sea Vixen style (in the example I saw, I think I can make out a mould defect too!), so all you need are a spare set from one of the Sea Vixen kits or aftermarket, say Aeroclub for example to replicate the. I'm sure I have a spare pair from a Novo kit, if lime green plastic doesn't make you nauseous.

Edit: While searching for something to back up my claims, I've re-discovered doubt in my own mind (!) that prompts me to revise what I wrote above; sorry for any confusion I've created. The photos of the undercarriage of each jet contained in Damien Burke's site, Thunder andLightnings, suggest that they are the same wheel, but that could be due to the Scimitar being a museum example perhaps ..... I'd love to know the definitive answer.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Edited by AndrewS

I'm in the FAA museum tomorrow, where they have a Scimitar parked next to an F-4K & a Vixen. Fairly certain that my 1/48th Scimitar wheels were pretty similar to 1/48th Sea Vixen (Dynvactor) wheels. here's my poor effort http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....amp;hl=scimitar which includes a photo next to a 1/48th F-4B (can't access the photos from this workstation, so not sure if the main wheels show up or not, but depending on your penchant for accuracy, i reckon a set of 'thin' F-4 wheels are a preety good match. (Fairly certain that Areoclub do a white metal set)