Tamiya AS-26, AS-27, AS-28 Equivalents

Are there Tamiya acrylic equivalents for the above paints? If not what are the equivalents for other brands? I used the Ultimate Model Paint Conversion chart as well as several other charts I could find but none of them list those numbers.

Thanks for any advice.

Are there Tamiya acrylic equivalents for the above paints? If not what are the equivalents for other brands? I used the Ultimate Model Paint Conversion chart as well as several other charts I could find but none of them list those numbers.

Thanks for any advice.

Try this link:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-16/...profile01.shtml

It should help with the color scheme.

Try this link:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-16/...profile01.shtml

It should help with the color scheme.

The closest match seems to be the Humbrol acrylics. Are these good paints?

I don't want to use spray paints or an airbrush at this stage. I don't think its worth starting a new thread on how to paint the F-16 so can people please post their opinions as to which paints I should use for the main comouflage pattern?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I just realised I can also get hold of extra Xtracrylix paints quite easily. Do you think these would be better than Humbrol?

Edited by tomlaskey
The closest match seems to be the Humbrol acrylics. Are these good paints?

I don't want to use spray paints or an airbrush at this stage. I don't think its worth starting a new thread on how to paint the F-16 so can people please post their opinions as to which paints I should use for the main comouflage pattern?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I just realised I can also get hold of extra Xtracrylix paints quite easily. Do you think these would be better than Humbrol?

For F-16s I have used Gunze Sangyo Acrylics H305, H306, H307 & H308. They are exact match for the F16 camouflage. Gunze acrylics leave a beautiful semi gloss sheen and are very smooth. I like them and recommend very highly.

Hi, as per what stalal said, use Gunze's acrylic (Aqueous Color range). The "dark" gray shade should be FS36118 (H305), the lighter gray on topside should be FS36320 (H307), the light gray underside should be FS36375 (H308), and the nose cone should/could be FS35237 (H337) or FS36118 (H305).

BTW... have you actually sprayed any parts of your F-16 with the rattle can? If not, I'd strongly advise you not to use AS-26. I used this colour for my Italeri Super Hornet, and I find the colour a bit... strange. It has almost a greenish tinge to it. AS-28 is not too bad, in that it produces "real" gray.