Late in joining this group build but have been finishing off one for the A-7/F-8 build.

I am going to build 2 alongside each other (1 Tamiya and 1 Hasegawa) and make a decision somewhere along the way which one ends up as 'No Guts No Glory'. I'm going for the natural metal version as well. The losing kit will probably end up as another Duxford based one 'Eileen'

A few pictures to start with: -

Tamiya one to be built pretty much out of the box apart from a Quickboost engine

IMG_8496.jpg

Hasegawa one to be built with Aires cockpit and wheel bays

IMG_8497.jpg

Decals

IMG_8499.jpg

Here's hoping to have some fun on the way and hopefully build something worth looking at.

Pete

cant wait to see more of both of these. What do you think of the quickboost?

Drizzt73,

I think that detail on the Quickboost parts is very good although they would still benefit from the addition of a wiring loom. The Tamiya one looks to be a simple drop in fit whilst the Hasegawa one needs a bit from the kit 'cowl flap' part removing. Also not sure how much can be seen of it once fitted, watch this space.

Pete

• 1 month later...

Going to be cutting this build close to the finishing line but have done something. I bought some Eduard photo-etch sets from Hannants for £4.99 each, the full etch set on special offer. I did intend to only use a few odd bits but liked the look of the cockpit data plates so added them as well as the pre-painted belts: -

IMG_9097.jpg

IMG_9093.jpg

IMG_9094.jpg

Then set to work folding the various ducting, vents etc. This is a really fiddly step but patience pays dividends because they do look better than thick plastic once on the plane: -

IMG_9090.jpg

IMG_9100.jpg

IMG_9091.jpg

IMG_9095.jpg

IMG_9098.jpg

The fuselage is now glued together so can clean up a few seams before tackling some more photo-etch for the decking behind the armour plating.

Thanks for looking

Pete