Incoming Eduard Su-17/22

Hi.

I've had a look at Eduard's June leaflet. The Peruvian bird on the boxart is very inspiring. It's a little sad that only the Russian aircrafts (Su-17M3s) can be made if accuracy matters to the builder. The Su-22M/M3 has a Tumansky engine and its rear fuselage is fatter than the one of the Su-17M3 which has a Lyulka engine. Perhaps one day we'll have a Su-22M/M3 kit or conversion available ?

Laurent

Edited by Laurent
  • 2 weeks later...

i was looking trough the web for some Ciro update for my su-17m4 project when i remember they did a conversion for su-17um3... then i remember that eduard was re-editing KP stuff... so i take a look at their newsletter to see what was their new russian release (since su-7) ...and wow, seems great!

i was about to start a topic about that (but as usual i've done a search trough ARC before...)

to see that i was more than a week late on the news!

i agree with you about the engine of the su-17m3. but i don't think that this will ruins overall effect. (of the nice peruvian deco)

eduard 1/48 su17m3 pics

resin part looks great (as far as seen, brassin parts seems extremely sharp and neat)

can't wait to put my hands on that thing as soon as it will be avalaible.(3 of them!)

1/48 KP su22m3 are rare and expensives...

and since i'm planning to do a soviet era su-17m1/3 i'm not concerned by engine compatment shape issue.

it will sure needs other AM that what would be provide with the kit. (for those who wanted more...)

at least, there's already some great stuff. (ciro/part/eduard.... and some CE stuff if your really lucky/rich!)

i hope there'll be someone to sculpt that resin chunk needed to correct/convert from lyulka to tumansky.

create the nozzle will be slightly harder... (but could be partly use on some floggers too)

i think that this area will be let to scratchbuilders...

for my part, i plan to do a su-17m1/3, a su17um3... and ultimately a conversion to su17m

i hope there'll be someone to sculpt that resin chunk needed to correct/convert from lyulka to tumansky.

Half of the fuselage would need to be replaced. A resin correction set would probably be too expensive and make the model tail-heavy. Vacuform perhaps ? I'm surprised that no Hungarian guy (Hungary had Su-22M3s which have Tumansky engines) did a correction set.

Is it the \"old\" KP kit? Having already built that, I have to admit that is not a \"shake & bake\" kit. Impressive... yes, it needs a lot of work... yes, but if I have the choice I prefer to turn an awfull kit into something than a Hasetamevell into a common \"modellers kit\".

Just a photo to prove my point:

th_PA290770.jpg

Edited by zark