SCOTTCON 2010 "Remembering Vietnam"

Afternoon all,

SCOTTCON 2010 pix can be viewed here... http://ipms-rl-scott.webs.com/apps/photos/

I'm by no means a professional photographer but I thought you may enjoy seeing them. Tried to get them all, but I know I missed quite a few. Judging and other duties took me away quite a bit.

Cheers,

Jay

Edited by Jay Barfoot
  • 1 month later...
Thank you for your Services to those that served in Vietnam...and elsehwere too.

HOLMES :thumbsup::jaw-dropping:

Thanks very much Holmes. As one who served elswhere, I really appreciate that. Anyway, this is just a monthly bump of our contest announcement. The Atlanta Model Expo just occurred yeasterday. I attended and it was a great event. We're just 1 1/2 hrs south straight down I-75 from Atlanta, so if you attended it, you surely can attend us. In fact, I will guarantee two things: we have a great museum and the weather will be cooler. So come on down and visit us in Oct.

Cheers,

Jay

Thanks very much Holmes. As one who served elswhere, I really appreciate that. Anyway, this is just a monthly bump of our contest announcement. The Atlanta Model Expo just occurred yeasterday. I attended and it was a great event. We're just 1 1/2 hrs south straight down I-75 from Atlanta, so if you attended it, you surely can attend us. In fact, I will guarantee two things: we have a great museum and the weather will be cooler. So come on down and visit us in Oct.

Cheers,

Jay

Jay,

I am sad to say that I am over the Atlantic so was unable to attend the Atlanta Model expo...if I put MY mind to it and took a holiday in October

I could attend the SCOTTCON 2010 ,BUT exigencies of duties means I wont have time then..

and Jay YOU deserve this from ME.....A BIG THANK YOU .... :thumbsup: because YOU made a difference to this WORLD by your devotion to duty and sacrifices that were made in

order for ME to live a safe life now...MY deepest heartfelt THANK YOU to you and fellow men..

HOLMES :jaw-dropping:

Edited by HOLMES
  • 1 month later...

You guys are making me blush. In all seriousness though, thank you. However, I believe there are plenty of individuals out there that have sacrificed a lot more than me that deserve thanks even more. But, thank you.

Anyway, back to the thread topic. This is just a bump for SCOTTCON to get it back on everyone's RADAR after the Nats. I have one update any armor guy would appreciate. Even though the contest will be held at an aviation museum, we've arranged for Chuck Herbert to display his restored 1942 M2A1 halftrack and 37mm anti-tank gun. Chuck is a member of the U.S. 3rd Armored Division WWII (recreated). This group of folks is a dedicated World War II Armored reenacting unit which participates in Tactical battles, living histories and parades in the Southeastern United States. You can see Chuck's halftrack here http://www.3rdarmored.com/3rd_vehicles.htm and learn more about the third here http://www.3rdarmored.com/. I think you'll agree, Chuck's vehicle is immaculate.

Cheers.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Whats up with the camo SR-71? Is that scheme real?

Nope,

Not real. Just a modeler having fun with a "What if" paint job by putting a SAC SIOP scheme on it. Looked cool though and was a well made model. The 1/32 scale B-58 Hustler made of paper was neat, too.

Jay