Birth day gift

So it's my dad's birth day next week and for onece I know what to get him.

So here's the thing: he's been a paashe H user forever, I think he's even on his second one. He tried a VL one an it made him swear off double actions ever since lol. So I figured I would get him a new iwata.

Question is; how does an iwata revolution's spray pattern compare to the H?

He uses the H for everything soni want to make sure the iwata won't just sit next to the VL.

thanks in advance guys.

Hello;

I use the VL and find it sprays great. Its a bit of a chore to clean though. Was that your dads complaint cleaning. I think the Iwata is just as hard to clean as the VL. The Pashe H is very easy to clean and it is what I started with. I am no expert by any means I am still learing everyday because of great forums like this one.

Bill

Thank for the feed back. I think the problem is mostly that he never got used to the dual action. But after using an H and an eclipse top feed I mist say the eclipse is sooo much easyer to clean. And since he only has like 2 hours of actual modeling a week I think he spends 50% of that time just cleaning it. Who knows I mightnjust end up getting him tamiyas 32 spitfire

Thank for the feed back. I think the problem is mostly that he never got used to the dual action. But after using an H and an eclipse top feed I mist say the eclipse is sooo much easyer to clean. And since he only has like 2 hours of actual modeling a week I think he spends 50% of that time just cleaning it. Who knows I mightnjust end up getting him tamiyas 32 spitfire
Give him the Iwata for his birthday and the Spit for Christmas!! :crying2:

Consider getting Dad a Paasche Talon. I, too, have been an "H" user for a long time. I treated myself with a Talon awhile back. The first time I used it, I was amazed. I had never even held a dual action airbrush, and I was painting fine lines like there was no tomorrow. This was after about 15 minutes!!! The Talon has a setting mechanism at the rear of the airbrush and in essence, he can set it at a very fine line and paint his edges on a camo job. He can then reset it (quicker that an "H") and fill in the spaces. Just like the "H," parts are readily available and the price is right. The whole airbrush it metal. No plastic handle. It fits my hand like a charm. It's also a gravity feed. It's easy to clean, once you get used to tearing it down and putting it back together. And, the nice part is, it's still a Paasche. I still use my "H" quite a bit. Dad can take the Talon off, and use the same hose for the "H." Google Paasche Talon. There are quite a few reviews about using the Talon, cleaning it, etc. At least check a Talon out before dishing out the $$$ on an Iwata. I have nothing at all against any other airbrush, but the Talon is a dual action airbrush that can be set up as a single action, with the bonuses of internal mix, gravity feed, great atomization of paint, etc. Good luck and Happy Birthday to Dad.