Good morning,

does anybody found somewhere, how many Tu-160 were really produced with their fuselage numbers or even serial numbers? I found between 34 to 36, not able to really count them all correctly...

Many thanks

Yes, 35 could be good number. Somebody todl me somewhere is a list of all of them, including serial numbers and names. It is definitely not in J. Gordon´sbook Tu-160 Blackjack and no in his book about Soviet Strategic bombers...

I'm sorry, but as an old Cold Warrior, this question just BLOWS MY MIND! :cheers: The very notion that someone from the Czech Republic would be asking on an open forum for a production list (with serial numbers) of a Soviet bomber simply does not compute...

My, how times have changed!

J

I'm sorry, but as an old Cold Warrior, this question just BLOWS MY MIND! :worship: The very notion that someone from the Czech Republic would be asking on an open forum for a production list (with serial numbers) of a Soviet bomber simply does not compute...

My, how times have changed!

J

That very same thought struck me - the first time I went to Kubinka in 1994.....

There we were, a bunch of western aviation enthusisasts being shown round a prestigious Russian airbase.

Five or six years previously and we'd have been shot for being 5 miles within the vicinity of the place :worship:

As for Zhukovsky..........

Ken

What is wrong that somebody from CZ ask for this? I know, it was published somewhere, but I could not find it... BTW - in time when Blackjacks begun to be publicly presented, the Czech Republic had already been some time on "non friendly countries" list...

I see no difference between question from CZ or UK, or somewhere else...

And another BTW - when I stood under the belly of Blackjack at MAKS 2007 in MY Czech AF military uniform - I told to its pilot, full of impression of the big wonderful jet - "That is beatiful and powerful bomber..." He looked at me as to the most stupid person in The World and answered me - "IT is not a bomber, IT IS MISSILE CARRIER..." And turned out... Nothing to add....

Sorry - no serial numbers, but factory numners (70-01, 02-02, etc...)

Oh no, there is NOTHING wrong - it just does not compute in my brain! When I travelled to the Czech Republic in 2007 (where I had a GREAT time), as we approached the border crossing all I could think was "I'm about to cross into Czechoslovakia!" Something in the back of my brain, wired that way at a very early age, was screaming "NOOO!!! They'll catch you and shoot you!!" I still occasionally slip out with "Soviet Union" when I mean to say "Russia", and "Czechoslovakia" when I mean "Czech Republic". The big bad USSR was *the* enemy for a large part of my life, so it's just difficult to reconcile the current reality with the way we were all brought up, and with what I did for a living while I was in the military.

I'm VERY happy that things are the way they are now, and not the way they were back in the "good old days". Except that there was no al Qaeda back then....

:)

J

Edited by Jennings