Hi guys in my Tomcat family collection I want to build the above bird in 1/72 scale.

I've seen decals in 1/48 for this bird, but were any ever done in 1/72?

It's the one with 231 modex no on the nose, and the Lighting strike marking on the tail.

TIA

Edited by darren

Fightertown has a sheet that looks very good for Top Gun Tomcats, but I don't know if it contains the aircraft you are looking for as they all have 2-digit Modex numbers on the nose. Would you have a picture of this particular aircraft?

1/72 Fightertown decals

Good luck,

Arnaud

OOPS just found out the sheet was sold out, sorry. Hi-Decal Line makes one too, which is still available. It is not as good however, as it only contains the roundels, the numbers and the tail markings but no stencil. This is rather annoying as they are in a very particular colour (sand/white) that is not available on any other decal sheet as far as I know. I can't understand why they did this, as it would not have added any colour (i.e. cost) to the printing process.

Edited by arnobiz
Hi Arno that sheet is for NSAWC (and I have that sheet), which is different to NAWC.

Arf sorry, in my ignorance I thought the missing S was a typo :cheers:

Good luck for your quest, this is quite a nice scheme with all the little "car crash" roundels :D

Arnaud

• 4 weeks later...