Norm 72 Paint Selection

Trying to figure out what FS or RLM paint will match or be very close to the RAL colors used on the German NORM 72 Phantoms.

I think RAL 6014 matches with RLM 80 or FS 34083. RAL 7012 matches up with RLM 75. RAL 7001 matches up with FS 36152.

Can anybody confirm this?

Been using Testor Model Master enamels since they came out because of availability but would try something else if I get the right colors.

Trying to figure out what FS or RLM paint will match or be very close to the RAL colors used on the German NORM 72 Phantoms.

I think RAL 6014 matches with RLM 80 or FS 34083. RAL 7012 matches up with RLM 75. RAL 7001 matches up with FS 36152.

Can anybody confirm this?

Been using Testor Model Master enamels since they came out because of availability but would try something else if I get the right colors.

Click this link;

http://scalemodeldb.com/paintdetails/4286

Then the button next to the colour swab marked 'seach similar colours'

Merv

Thanks,

I was thinking that Testors Model Master paints are available in RLM colors and that I might be able to match them to the RAL colors.

Now I'm not so sure.

FS 34079 in my eyes is very close to RAL 6014. I'm not so sure about the gray though.

What brands and colors have you guys used in the past?

That chart has RAL 6014 matching with the RLM 80 and RAL 7012 matching up with Testors Model Masters FS36081 Euro I Gray. I'm going to try and pick some up tomorrow and see if I like the way they look.

Thanks!

I'm going to keep a copy of those charts here on the computer.

Edited by Spectre711