O/T Help with a computer problem

So, I go to the Netflix site, and, for the first time in nearly five years, I'm asked for my password, which--of course!--I've completely forgotten. I click on the "help signing in" button, and am directed to enter my e-mail address so that a helpful e-mail can be sent. . .

(Usually, this means that they'll simply send you a password reminder or the password itself. . .but not this time)

About five minutes later I get the e-mail; problem is, it instructs me to click on a dynamic link (no URL) which I haven't been able to do through Outlook Express for several years now. I can copy and paste URLs, but the clicky/linky underlined buttons don't work in Outlook. I reply to the e-mail, telling them this, but it gets bounced!

So, I'm locked out of Neflix with no way to log back in, and no way to contact them to get the problem sorted out.

Any ideas?

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Two thoughts. First, if you have a webmail account, like gmail or hotmail or something, you could forward it there and it would probably work. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free.

Second, if you right-click the link, you might get more options. One may be to open it, another might be to copy the link, in which case you could paste it into a browser.

Oh, and one other thing to try. Depending on your version of Outlook, you might be able to open it by holding the control key (CTRL) down while clicking on it.

Edited by Ken Cartwright

Thanks. In the end, I found the phone number for Netflix customer support and got the problem straightened out in about five minutes. I've updated my password to something I am extremely unlikely to forget!

These little problems always seem to arise late in the day; simple or obvious solutions tend to elude me until I've gotten a good-night's sleep!

Thanks again for the suggestions, which I will keep in mind for the next time someone sends me a clicky via e-mail.

cheers

Old Blind Dog