I recently stoped by the local hobby shop, and picked up a Hase F-4E 30th anniversary kit. I got such a deal on it since it included after market decals, and resin seats. The only problem is that the kit has already been started, Which I was told before bought the kit. the wings are together,and gear doors built closed, along with the speed brakes. I want to build the aircraft gear down, is there anyway to remove the gear doors, with out totally destroying the kit. I think they were glued in with CA. I would really hate to have to trash it since it is such a good kit. :cheers:

Thanks Ty

If you are sure it was CA, it´s not problem: try little amounts of regular paint thinner and they´ll come off after a while. But don´t use heavy stuff, it could harm the plastic.

If the guy used regular plasticglue, you have seriuos problems, since it "melts" the parts together. Then, you can only try to scribe through the material with a pin/needle carefully. That will require patience, time and some sanding along the edges to redefine the shape on the inside of the geardoors. Not impossible, though.

CA de-bonder - specifically designed to melt superglue. Should be available at most hobby shops along with gap filling CAs and accelerator.

Mineral spirits/paint thinner will attack and delaminate plastic, so I'd be extremely reluctant to use it.