Though a great Canadian plane, the Beaver never served with the Canadian forces (unless you count the RCMP) so if you're doing one in military markings then the UK is a good choice and nothing really wrong with the Airfix kit (as opposed to the last run of the Hobbycraft kit where they ran the fusalage in regular plastic instead of clear so there are no windows!!). Sounds like a great plan...

Cheers

Bruce

Though a great Canadian plane, the Beaver never served with the Canadian forces (unless you count the RCMP) so if you're doing one in military markings then the UK is a good choice and nothing really wrong with the Airfix kit (as opposed to the last run of the Hobbycraft kit where they ran the fusalage in regular plastic instead of clear so there are no windows!!). Sounds like a great plan...

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks, I never knew they served with the RCMP, Ill have to see if a I can track down the scheme as It would be a far more interesting one than the UK army :doh:

Cheers

Deon

Deon...If you are familiar with the magazine Scale Aircraft Modelling and their old format where they covered a specific plane in detail with an article with pictures and a spread of drawings with a number of schemes, there was an issue that covered the Beaver. Don't ask me the issue number right now as I would have to go through a large number of back issues but there may be more info online or someone here or on another site such as Britmodeller that has the magazines indexed. The RCMP scheme was in those drawings and is mostly a dark "royal " blue with yellow trim and yellow civilian code letters. but there were RCMP crests on the sides in the door area and there are no decals that I know of for those. Hope this helps but in the alternative I seem to recall some interesting UK schemes with high vis panels on the camo and stuff like that so you should find an interesting scheme regardless. That magazine issue would be very helpful if you could get access...

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks for the reference Bruce, I'll have to look it up as I may have the relevant issue myself. A quick Google shows RCMP Beavers with floats and although Airfix did issue the Beaver so equipped, mine is without them. Hopefully a bit more searching will provide an appropriate scheme.

cheers

deon

• 2 weeks later...
Deon, check out this website, it has tons of pics http://www.dhc-2.com I go there lots there are lots of civilian Beavers to enjoy. Also you can go to http://www.canadianpolicecars.ca and see if you can access a set of decals form these guys, I think you can.....hope this helps..

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks Jeff Ive sent them an email, here's hoping, much obliged

Deon