So I've got a Revellogram F-14D, acquired a set of F-14B OEF decals from the "'Merican travelling goodies box", and traded the kit's F-14D chinpod with a fellow ARCer for the Hasegawa F-14B chinpod. Throw in a pair of GBU-12s from the Tamiya F-16C blk 25 sitting in my closet. Just need to acquire a LANTIRN pod (probably go with the Steel Beach set).

Some pics to start with:

F-14B_01_01.jpg

F-14B_01_02.jpg

F-14B_01_03.jpg

Nice looking decals! :worship:

I will be following the progress on this one!

Many thanks for throwing those into the box, warthog. And thanks to f12aaa for the F-14B chinpod. Ordered the Steel Beach LANTIRN upgrade set from Sprue Bros. today, so hopefully later this week/early next week I can get to crackin on the cockpit. May start painting the Tomcat this weekend.....see if I can't make it hold together with blu-tac.

I'm excited about this build!

OK, now that Photobucket has decided to quit being gay, I can update my progress.

Got the Steel Beach LANTIRN set.

F-14B_01_05.jpg

Worked the rear IP so that I could add the PTID screen.

F-14B_01_06.jpg

F-14B_01_07.jpg

And then painted the cockpit and added the instrument panels.

F-14B_01_08.jpg

F-14B_01_09.jpg

F-14B_01_10.jpg

Update:

Used the kit seats. Since they didn't have the overhead handles, I decided to make some with some wire and did the between the leg handles while I was at it.

F-14B_01_11.jpg

F-14B_01_12.jpg

Then, while I was waiting for the glue to dry on those, I sprayed the intakes and MLG bays with some white.

F-14B_01_13.jpg

• 3 months later...