Trumpeter 1/32 TBM-3 Avenger

Ive been trying to get another TBM for a long while , but as stated elsewhere they are getting thin on the ground. Luckily a friend of mine came to the rescue with this kit. Being short of money at the moment i have decided to add any detail from wire , plasticard and foil.

First thing i did was the seat. I made the cushion from Milliput and then punched the buttons in with the end of a cut off Q tip. The depressions were then added with the cotton end. The belts are made from the gold foil from the top of a new Hot Chocolate tin. The buckles were cut from the kit belts and attached to the foil ends. I still need to add the armrests but im very pleased with the result.

The side consoles have had copper wire added for the wiring looms. I have also made an oxygen hose from thin copper wire wrapped around a thicker bit. I havent added it yet as im not sure what colour it should be?

Picture173.jpg

Picture175.jpg

Picture179.jpg

The interior colour is one i have mixed myself from a mixture of Tamiya olive drab with some yellow green added. I have added some white to part of this mixture for the post shading. The post shading has been made deliberately light to stand out a bit more once the halves are joined.

Picture178.jpg

Picture177.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Next up will be the instrument panel

Very nice start. I have this same kit, but have been sitting on it for awhile b/c I dont know that Im ready to build it yet, and I definitely dont have the space for the completed model.

Will definitely watch this one, cant wait to see what additions you make.

very interesting topic. I have in my stack an Accurate Miniatures Avenger, that I wont to start rather soon, and I am very interested in your pictures, especially those of the interior of the aircraft.

Please send more pictures of the cockpit.Congratulations for your amazing work. Polo. :jaw-dropping:

Heres the latest. I have added some more supports to the stand to allow me to have the plane either way up on it. Yup i have too much time on my hands!

DSC06024.jpg

DSC06023.jpg

I have also reshaped the prop blades a little. They just did nok right to me. They were a bit too paddled for my liking.

DSC06025.jpg

Here are the parts i have assembled aswell. I may add some extra details to them yet.

DSC06027.jpg