PZL P.7a (Mastercraft 1/72)

Hello!

I would like to present you my latest finished project. It's a model of polish pre-war fighter - PZL P.7a. It was first, full metal fighter in Polish Air Force. Aircraft was an ancestor of better known P.11. It was solid plane with very good maneuverability. It was perfect machine to train future army pilots. During September 1939 P.7's were obsolete and used up. They were no match for Me-109's. Despite that, some pilots managed to claim few succeses on them.

Model shows a personal plane of one of the best polish pilot ever - Leopold Pamula. He was a living legend for pilots he trained. Pamula was a commander of one of the Fighter Squadrons before the war. He was an unexceptional pilot. He loved aerobatics and was a master in that part of aviation. One of the cadets (Jan Zumbach - later BoB ace) remebered the situation describing Pamula's skills.

"During hot, summer day, Pamula gathered all cadets near the runway. We were sweating in short sleeves but Pamula was wearing thick flying suit. He jumped to trainer craft and took off. He showed us the best aerobatics I ever seen. He was flying on the roofs level making some unbelievable tricks. After landing he left the aircraft totally naked and defiled before us without any emotion. He was a god of aviation for me..."

My model shows Pamula's plane painted with lime for big training exercises which took part in 1935.

The kit is very old and it's quality is not so good. Unfortunately it was the only option I had. I made many changes during the work. Cockpit and egine were totally scratchbuilt. I also improoved fuselage and wing making new panel lines and rivets. I added Techmod's decals.

Hope you will like it! :)

g06x.jpg

g07d.jpg

g08a.jpg

g09k.jpg

g05vg.jpg

g10t.jpg

g11z.jpg

g12c.jpg

g15iu.jpg

g17z.jpg

Cheers