Hey Gang,

I know that majority of airbrush modelers use glass bottles. However. I am familiar in some industrial applications were PETE plastic bottles are used with industrial enamels. (I know Acrylics are o.k. for plastic bottles.) Curious if anyone is using plastic bottles w/ enamels and having good success with them? I have a wholesale source for obtaining bottles but obviously I can get a real nice deal on PETE plastic bottles. Yes, I'm still new at airbrushing.

Just curious.

TIA

John

My personal experience is with that is limited to the lids. I do not know if it still applies but when badger switched from metal lids to plastic I found one they would expand with the solvents in the paint and Two you could never get them to seal as good as the metal ones. Personally I would stick to the glass/metal jars as they are still superior

Hacker

My personal experience is with that is limited to the lids. I do not know if it still applies but when badger switched from metal lids to plastic I found one they would expand with the solvents in the paint and Two you could never get them to seal as good as the metal ones. Personally I would stick to the glass/metal jars as they are still superior

Hacker

I'd agree with this. Plastics and solvents don't go well together. The plastic bottles may be okay for a while but eventually tend to deform and are never the same after that. I do still prefer glass and/or metal.

Rob