Aren't those clips handy!? I save all the ones that are attached to my daughters balloons she scores from the store for that exact purpose. Mine don't have that narrow-ish point to them though, and have "teeth"

Anyhow, good to see you getting started on that Tomahawk! What decals you using on it?

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been slow due to office matters but her are additional build shots:

06262011157.jpg

Used masking tape to fix dihedral.

06262011158.jpg

So far results are ok. Small wing roots gaps can be filled with a touch of liquid putty.

07012011160.jpg

Seems filled with CA and sanded. The challenge here was the lower nose area. Some more filling and sanding was required. Will just re-scribe the panels later on.

later...

Seems filled with CA and sanded. The challenge here was the lower nose area. Some more filling and sanding was required. Will just re-scribe the panels later on.

later...

Some progress is better than none!

One thing I like to do (if I remember) is if I know I'm going to be obliterating the panel lines from fixing other stuff, I'll scribe them deeper before I start doing all the other sanding, that way when your done fixing seams or shapes or whatever, you can (usually) still see where the panel lines are. That of course assumes the existing panel lines were in the right place/orientation.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what they say about the old Monogram kit and its still the one with the correct shape. I can't really say if Zinc Chromate is the real color for the cockpit but it may be applicable to the wheel wells.

A little progress....

07132011165.jpg

Nose guns installed and gaps filled with correction fluid (for small gaps)

07202011167.jpg

Tailplanes also filled with correction fluid. Spinner dryfitted

Ready for priming and painting.

more later...

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress over the weekend:

CIMG6879.jpg

CIMG6881.jpg

Wheel wells and inside covers painted with zinc chromate green

CIMG6884.jpg

Model was given a coat of Mr. Surfacer 1200 to hide any blemish from sanding and scribing.

CIMG6886.jpg

CIMG6887.jpg

Oh no... masking canopies. My least favorite part but I survived.

caruanap-40.jpg

Now I was going over references and there were many suggestions on the real colors of the AVG Tomahawks. Some say there were in Briitish colors of Dk Earth Dk Green and Sky, while others say that they were painted in US colors equivalent of FS-30118 Brown, FS-34092 medium green and light gey or some say light blue. I found the above drawings from SAMI. It has them with Sky undersides.

CIMG6890.jpg

So I decided to follow the above drawing by painting the undersides with sky.

more later...

Tony

I then proceeded to paint the upper camo:

CIMG6892.jpg

First the dark earth color (using Gunze Mr. Color)

CIMG6893.jpg

Then FS-34092 for the green. Applied freehand with an airbrush

Decals, wash and weathering to follow later...

Cheers,