Internethobbies.com

My wife wanted to get me some nice presents this Christmas. She had heard me talking about the "how to build the Tamiya P-51 mustang" Book;

and how i wanted to get it but it was out of stock most everywhere except Internethobbies.com (hence forward referred to as IH.com)

So she placed the order Tuesday December 20th and payed for priority shipping so that it would get here by the 24th.

The USPS traking site last reports:

Label/Receipt Number: 9405 *************************

Expected Delivery Date: December 22, 2011

Class: Priority Mail®

Service(s): Delivery Confirmationâ„¢

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, December 20, 2011, 11:56 pm, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 21, 2011

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, December 20, 2011, 10:41 pm, JERMYN, PA 18433

Acceptance, December 20, 2011, 2:38 pm, JERMYN, PA 18433

Note: on the 22nd I received a catalog from tower hobbies (this comes to play later)

Now i don't think this is in anyways IH.com's fault but we figured since its been a week we might as well call and see what the policy is if it gets lost in the mail (I cant wait to get started on my mustang).

When my wife got on the phone with IH.com she explained the situation and also said that she found it weird since she had received a catalog from them but no book (we confused the tower hobbies catalog with one from IH.com)

the person on the phone was somewhat rude and condescending and told her that the catalog was what she had ordered.

she got frustrated pretty quick and passed me the phone. I explained to the gentleman that we had ordered a book not a catalog, then he explained they don't send out catalogs so it must have been the book and i was mistaken. I got the catalog and read him the title the he said "oh that's a different company you must have ordered the book from them not us".

I explained I had an order number and a tracking number from HI.com

he looked it up and said

"that's going thought Miami, this always happens there since there's a lot of fraud down there. What they do is the postal inspector checks all packages and puts a microchip in them, that way if there is a claim, they can drive by your house and just scan the house."

*** is this guy for real?!

I told him then that if it did not arrive by tomorrow I would like for min to start "as he called it" the investigative process.

I know that its not IH.com's fault that the book is late or anything, i just wanted to make sure they knew the situation, things get lost in the mail all the time specially during the holidays, But this guy's attitude

is plain and simply unacceptable! good thing we payed with amex!

I ordered from Internet Hobbies once because they showed a kit in stock I couldn't find elsewhere. After about 3 weeks they cancelled about half of my order due to being out of stock, the stuff they did send was run of the mill stuff I could have gotten anywhere.

I wasn't impressed and won't be ordering from them again.

This all boils down to, you let a woman do a man's work! Wife's don't know the difference between a P-51 or an F-15! Come on dude! That's like a wife asking her husband to buy her shoes! They all look the same to us!

I ordered some sale stuff from them. They charged my card immediately. Mind you the site said the items I wanted were 'in stock'. After 4 weeks I called them and they told me that they didn't get their order when they were supposed to. ????????? But I told them it was in stock. Apparently somebody changed the status to In Stock in anticipation of the order arriving.?????? But they didn't notify me that the status was wrong. I only got 1 kit. They cancelled the rest. Their communication is not very good and they should not have charged my card until my items were ready for shipment.

Hey guys, sorry to hear you've been having trouble with them. Several years ago I ordered from them fairly regularly and always had prompt service and delivery. Sounds like new management isn't too keen on customer service. Hope you get your stuff resolved.

This all boils down to, you let a woman do a man's work! Wife's don't know the difference between a P-51 or an F-15! Come on dude! That's like a wife asking her husband to buy her shoes! They all look the same to us!

Next time I meet you, I am being told you will be meeting my wife again. Woops! I have taught her since we were married, she is gonna show you a thing or two....LOL!! Maybe you should some to the Jax compettion in Feb.....its her hometown.....LOL!!!

later