Airfix CAC Boomerang update

Haven't posted any of the progress on my Boomerang for quite some time; I work slowly and also wanted to get it to a point where I could post something I thought was worthwhile. It has come perilously close to becoming a wall-impacting-projectile on several occasions due to a nasty dose of AMS hitting me and some 'accidents' on this one, and I SWEAR (no, really Your Honor, I do) that I will not get this carried away again, at least not for a long time. I am going to subscribe to the Mike Grant and Allan Buttrick school of K.I.S.S. on the next few! So without further ado, here are the graphics:

Ditched the questionable kit rendition of the Hedgehog exhaust for a CA-12/CA-19 version of brass appropriate to the ship I intend to do

DSCN0353.jpg

Added stringer detail inside fuselage and covered exhaust bulge where I ground through the plastic while thinning things

DSCN0358.jpg

Cobbled together an engine mounting ring and exhaust collector (beginning of getting too carried away lol)

DSCN0359.jpg

Test fit of everything and a shot of the wing spar detail

DSCN0361.jpg

Cockpit finished! Minus the instrument panels, which will go in later to avoid knocking 'em loose

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

'Pit again, fitted to the bird

DSCN0382.jpg

Had no end of grief getting everything lined up in that little office as it ended up having to be assembled like a puzzle, and parts removed and repositioned numerous times.

And finally, the "9 scale inches" plug inserted to lengthen rear fuselage to match drawings.

DSCN0384.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments and criticism welcome!