M1A1 Abrams question

Hello Everyone,

I am new to armor, I build airplanes. Anyway, I am going to build a M1A1 and I really like the look of the TUSK I armor upgrade and the look of the mine plow in front of the M1 as well. Dithang M1 have the TUSK and plow on at the same time?

Thanks,

Gonzalo

I think the Tusk kits went on M1A2s first, but they may be filtering down to M1A1s. I haven't seen any photos of a mineplow on a TUSK equiped tank, but I would think it's possible.

Yes, the mine plow can and has been attached to M1A1 tanks out fitted with TUSK as well.

They also fit the mine roller to TUSK tanks.

Clearing_the_field.jpg

The roller and plow were not used much after the initial invasion on Iraq in '03. There were not many mine fields left to clear. Also, there have been no Army tanks deployed to Afghanistan; just one Company (14 tanks) from the USMC that use some parts of TUSK, but not all. I don't think any of the USMC tanks in A'stan have used mine rollers or plows though.

Lastly, TUSK is an add-on armor package with many different pieces that can be used as needed. They were fielded for all Abrams versions, not just M1A2s. The A1s started getting them at the same time.

Edited by HeavyArty