1/48 ESCI S-3 Viking VX-30 Bloodhounds

I had started this build last year for the group build, but got sidetracked by a few events and wasn't able to complete it in time. Here is a link to the beginning.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=229962

I have continued of the build since then and decided to move it here.

100_1229.jpg

Here I started masking for the walkways. I first sprayed Mr Surfacer 500 to give it some texture, followed by black, to hopefully have it stand out a little.

100_1230.jpg

Then on with the main painting

100_1239.jpg

100_1240.jpg

100_1243.jpg

Here you can barely make out the walkway

100_1245.jpg

Starting on the landing gear and weapons bays

100_1311.jpg

100_1312.jpg

Couldn't help starting the decals on the tail

100_1325.jpg

Almost have the wings finished also

100_1326.jpg

I am currently working on the wheels and engines, anong with more work on the bays.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by nybadger

For the blue I started with Model Master flanker medium blue, then added amounts of Model Master 35109 Blue till I got somthing that seemed close. If I remember right, the first time I sprayed it I didn't like it and added more of the regular blue. I started out at the 10:1 ratio and went from there. Its mostly just adding blue till you get somthing you like. The blue seems to be a little different in all the pictures I've seen, so its just a matter of getting a shade you like. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Here is a quick update of where I'm at. I finished the engines and put the main gear on.

100_1341.jpg

100_1340.jpg

100_1336.jpg

100_1339.jpg

and sitting on its own legs

100_1333.jpg

100_1334.jpg

100_1335.jpg

I am currently working on installing the gear and bay doors, and should have another update soon. Thanks for looking!

• 2 years later...

I have been working on this off and on and I have finally decided to try and get it done. Here are some updated shots of where i am.

101_1765.jpg

All the bay and weapons doors now on

101_1752.jpg

an overall shot of the upper surfaces. The blue is not as dark as it is shown in these pictures. All the decals have been applied and sealed with a flat coat.

101_1763.jpg

currently working on the window wipers, lights and getting ready to attach the engines and pylons.

101_1758.jpg

101_1759.jpg

I hope the next update will not be so far into the future.