Hello, All...

Looking for a source for a 1/48 scale modern (1970-1990) American pickup truck to convert to a bobtail tow vehicle used by the USAF to tow munitions trailers/AGE/Aircraft. I did see a resin military pickup on a site some time ago that would foot the bill, but damned if I can find it again. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Steven A Douglas, MSgt(Ret) USAF (AMMO)

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for the fraggin waggon's to come back from the bomb dump one rainy night at Pope I ground looped one on Green Ramp. I'd suggest not trying to bounce the front end while driving in a big circle on wet pavement!

NEVER HAPPENED TO ME, BUT HEARD MANY STORIES OF -141 TRAILER FULL OF MK-82'S PASSING THE BOBTAIL SUPPOSED TO BE TOWING IT!

• 5 months later...

You should build a early 90's Dodge with an Airmen in it bouncing the front end!

LOL yes!!! I'm not saying I ever did it, but in the bomb dump at Dyess, if you are in one of the old Dodges, there's a dip in the road by the railhead going towards Conventional Maintenance, and as you go down in it, if you slam the brakes and then floor the gas, you can get both of the front wheels 2 feet off of the ground. Again, not saying I ever did that. Or even saw that. Just, uh, heard about it happening......................

Just in case anyone's interested, we will soon be issuing an 1/72 resin kit for this particular type of the USAF "bobtail" (FLTT, or Flight Line Tow Tractor):

http://www.379aew.afcent.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/080912-F-5774B-015.jpg

Regards,

Alex

I'd be very interested ! Always looking for 1/72 USAF AGE and vehicles. I have these already.....

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0002-1.jpg

Cheers,

Haydn.

• 1 month later...

I'd be very interested ! Always looking for 1/72 USAF AGE and vehicles. I have these already.....

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0002-1.jpg

Cheers,

Haydn.

Hi there

Well I´ll also be interested to get those cars, can you tell me were to find them

Best day

Armando

Hi there

Well I´ll also be interested to get those cars, can you tell me were to find them

Best day

Armando

Hi Armando - bad news for now I'm afraid. I went off to the website where I got the Bobtails so I could post the link here. Things have moved since I bought them but I emailed the producer to ask if they were still available and he responded very quickly....

"Hu Haydn,

The simple answer is 'no'... However, the pattern had been passed on first to Aviation Workshop in the UK, but they went bust before re-releasing it and it is now I believe in the hands of another UK-based company, who was apparently close to re-issue it, but I haven't got anymore details I'm afraid..."

If I find out the kit is going to be re-released I will post here.

Cheers,

Haydn.