acrylic gloss on enamel paint problem?

i painted a car body with solvent base paints from zero paints and all is fine ,after i apply an acrylic gloss coat i get white flat spots all over,what is causing this and how to remedy and save the situation since iv'e applied some decals already.

Edited by amin

:D, Hello amin,

First of all, what kind of clear gloss acrylic did you use? I had the same problem on an ICM Polikarpov I-5 that I built several years ago. The rudder was gloss red and I'd used red Humbrol enamel on it. I can't remember if the red was gloss or matt but when I brushed the clear gloss acrylic from Gunze over it the same thing happened. I was in a quandry then for some reason I decided to thin the clear gloss with a little water straight from the tap.That did the trick even over the areas that had gone flat, although those areas took a little more of the mix to get them up to the gloss of the rest of the rudder. I then used this mix of the rest of the red and natural metal areas of the aircraft (engine cowling and alloy panels around the cockpit.) The rest I left in the aluminium straight from the tinlet and it looks fine. I'm currently using the same technique on the Eduard L-39 I'm building. I painted the white of the airframe with Tamiya flat white primer and then used the same mix of Gunze Clear Gloss and tap water in the ratio of 8 parts clear to one part water. I found that if you go much thinner than that you still get the flat coming through. Give this a try on an old piece of plastic or an old kit. You may have to adjust the mix but I think you'll find this will do the trick.

HTH.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford